:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Hi, @ktrya14
As stated on the first post, we can not update 'Postal Monitor based on a few successful cases. We need to verify the service is consistent with anyone who will be using the service anywhere in the country.
Brunei Post has been publishing the list of available destination on Instagram and we have a couple of local members who reports to us also.
But let me double check with them. Thank you for your post.

As I learned while travelling. Saint Lucia only has out going mail to North and South America. Currently mail is not being sent to Europe, I had to wait until I returned to Canada to send a pair of postcards to Germany.

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Estonia, Georgia, Poland.

@Lavonq Thank you for the updates as usual.

Hello, @mctolton. Welcome to the forum.
As written on the first post: When you report available/suspended destinations in this thread, please include the source of the information. Thank you.

5. Reliable source of the information
Official announcement from a postal agency/government and its URL (link to the webpage, image, PDF, etc.) . For a captured image, please let us know where it is from (Social media, email, flyer posted at a post office, etc.). We need it for records and future monitoring.

Update from Hong Kong Post:
Since November 25, 2022, airmail services to Colombia, Ireland, Saudi Arabia and Ukraine resume.
https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about_us/whats_new/press_release/index_id_930.html

2 Likes

We have restored the routes to Saudi Arabia and Ukraine (the other two were already working, probably via surface mail).

Thank you for reporting this!

1 Like

@ktrya14,
I have contacted Brunei Post and they responded right away with the answer that they also use Singapore Post to send to the unavailable destinations. We have updated 'Postal Monitor. Thank you for your post.

I don’t know where to check it officially

FYI- Brunei Post’s has an Instagram account and also can be reached by phone, Email, and Whatsapp.

Hello, dear Paulo! There was also an update about Macao Post yesterday, since November 29, 2022, airmail services to Colombia, Ireland, and Saudi Arabia resume. You can check it on price calculator.
https://www.ctt.gov.mo/MacauPost/Contents/News.aspx?pm=3582
https://www.ctt.gov.mo/MacauPost/Contents/PostageCalculator.aspx

And I want to say one thing, Macao Post has a close cooperation with Hong Kong Post, they use HK Post to send to unavailable destinations as well, I once asked the staff in Post Office and got the reply. I sent postcards to Serbia and Jordan from Macau some months ago and they both did arrive.

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting this.

Interesting! However, we would need to hear from them on that to make sure we don’t assume too much. Trusting the output of the postage calculator already involves some guessing about how they operate.

1 Like

Airmail services are available again to Argentina, Colombia and Mexico since 12/1 in Taiwan.

Reference: 中華郵政全球資訊網 - 全部消息
(Still can’t find an English version of it, I will update when it’s on their website.)

2 Likes

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
American Samoa, Brunei, Canada, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Guam, Hong Kong, Macao, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico, Singapore, USA, US Minor Outlying Islands, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (US).

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Japan

The text on the article hasn’t been changed, but the image and PDF have been updated, so we restored mail to those 3 countries. Thank you for reporting it!

https://booking.posindonesia.co.id/posint/

all mail services by the Indonesian national post system to Russia is currently unavailable. I checked because I got a postcard address to that country.

1 Like

Slovakia allows sending to IoM and Jersey. They are not listed because Slovak Post sees them as “United Kingdom” or “Great Britian”. Yes, they are not technically that, but post is being sent to them. They are seen as UK from the perspective of UPU.

Source: https://www.upu.int/en/Universal-Postal-Union/About-UPU/Member-Countries?csid=-1&cid=318#mb--1

another source: www.posta.sk/subory/39950/zasielacie-podmienky-medzinarodneho-styku.xlsx

1. check tab “abec. zoznam krajin a ich casti” - search for GB and IM - same code 213
  2. check the tab “L i s t y” (means letters) - look for code 213 (IoM) - see same conditions as for GB.

offtopic rant: would not it be cool if UPU did this monitoring themselves? They come up with stupid restrictions such as “small parcel” which is just an untracked letter, with a scannable bar-code, so the tracking limitation is pretty stupid and it costs almost the same to send as a registered letter. But they cannot give exact and accurate info on shipping restrictions? Pretty useless organization if you ask me…

3 Likes

Given that Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands use Australia Post for their postal services, I’m wondering why so many countries who deliver to Australia won’t deliver to these two locations? I know there aren’t many Postcrossers on Christmas Island and currently none on Cocos (Keeling) Islands, but the discrepancy still seems strange to me…

@anon62166699 I have contacted Australia Post about those islands and waiting for the reply. Anyone can contact their postal services when things seem strange :wink:

@filipf Welcome to the forum and thank you for the information, let us take a look at it.
If I remember correctly, UPU does monitor mail suspensions for member countries but they do not share the information with general public.:angry:

1 Like

Hi,
24 November 2022 I sent an untracked envelope from Russia to Denmark. But today I received a return of the envelope, in CN15 they wrote: Нет обмена - No exchange.
Below I have attached images.
Although the official website of the Russian Post writes (update from 14.10.2022), that the Russian Post resumes accepting international shipments to Denmark https://www.pochta.ru/support/no-mail-exchange

Unfortunately, at the Russian post office they themselves sometimes do not know their rules. They returned letters to me in the USA until I filed a complaint

3 Likes

Hi! Can US send mails to Ukraine now? The monitor doesn’t have Ukraine but the USPS website has it. Thank you!

Ukraine isn’t on the official USPS suspension list, so the mail route should be open right now :smiley:

1 Like