Mail Carrier Appreciation Day

Looking for inspiration for Mail Carrier Appreciation day which is on Feb 4th. What are you planning on doing for your mail carrier? If you are a mail carrier, what would be some ideas of what you would like or favorite gifts you have received? From what I have read you can’t give money or gift cards.

2 Likes

I think a letter (or postcard!) of appreciation may be the best thing, especially if a copy is sent to the supervisor so it is on the postal carrier’s record. Be specific! What thas this carrier done to really stand out, and why do you appreciate him/her.

Once I sent such a letter and then I found out more than a year later that a copy of it was still posted on the breakroom wall!

6 Likes

That’s a great idea to include the supervisor! Thanks for sharing.

Here in the UK we call our Mail carriers Postmen/Postwomen or more commonly ‘Posties’ - I’d love to get this letterbox sign:

She has a US version too:

Finnish mailman here! AFAIK we don’t have a mail carrier appreciation day but we do get a lot of christmas presents from people. I deliver mail to a sleepy rural town where the majority of people are pensioners and it’s showing in what I get. While I do genuinely appreciate each and every gift I get, I usually have enough coffee and pralines after christmas to last me the whole year :smile: Mailmen don’t usually hear much thanks from their work but be sure we do get an earful of each and every letter and magazine that’s delayed or delivered wrong, be it our fault or not, so a few friendly words on a nice card would go a long way as is. BUT! at least here in Finland we have a system where you can leave outgoing mail into your letterbox and hang a reflector as a sign for the mailperson to pick it up, so if you leave something that’s meant for the carrier make it somehow clear it’s for them or else it might accidentally end up in the outgoing box in the car as schedules are tight and the carrier usually in a hurry.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/BBoa3IxQJpU

Onion ninjas…

1 Like

So cute! I bought a vinyl sign to put inside my mailbox just need to apply it.

Thank you for your input! I’ll make sure to distinguish it. I put a note on the mailbox today asking his name but I don’t think he saw it because he didn’t reply.

I ended up picking up a blue tube shaped box and filled it with nuts, jerky, and mints. I taped a thank you card to it and put the words “Thank you” with letter stickers on the top. I put a note on my mailbox on bright paper so he knew if was for him. He wrote on the note “You’re Welcome Danny USPS God Bless You”

3 Likes

February 4th is Carrier Appreciation Day! To mark this special day i left my mail lady a gift card in my part o the box. What are you doingif anything special?)

3 Likes

A card for our posties —

Will hand deliver tomorrow as Sunday they are not open.

6 Likes

Just made the card I will put in my post box this morning. My first time participating.

3 Likes

This is my first time participating and I wrote a letter and card to my mail carrier and their supervisor and included a small gift in the mail carrier card. :blush:

1 Like

I hand made a card for my mail carrier and put it in the mailbox today, I hope they like it!

2 Likes