MADISON WI Spring Meetup - Saturday, April 15th, 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Madison, Wisconsin
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Memorial Union, 800 Langdon St. Madison
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, April 15th, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12 - 4:30 pm Central Time (UTC -6)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

12:00 - 1:30 pm - A walking tour of places to buy postcards on State Street (optional)

Meet at the Forward statue at the Capitol steps on the corner of West Mifflin and North Carroll Streets, also known as “the top of State Street”. Walk down State Street stopping at various shops that sell postcards: the Historical Museum, Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (tentative), Anthology, UW Bookstore, Chazen Museum (tentative) and ending at the Memorial Union

1:30 - 4:00 pm - Meetup in the Memorial Union (specific room TBD by April 7th)

Meet fellow Postcrossers and sign cards to your heart’s content, although a name stamp isn’t a bad idea. :slight_smile: There will also be a Free Table where you can bring those postcards and supplies that you don’t want and would like to see re-homed. There will also be additional postcards for sale. Everyone can contribute to the Free Table and the Postcard Sale (also optional).

Meetup card will be available. Additional information will be provided here.

Please, please, please, use the RSVP buttons to let us know if you are coming.

This information will be cross-posted on the Postcrossing Madison Facebook page (also optional)

4 Likes

I would like to attend. Do I need to sign up.
Randy

Hi Randy,

Welcome to the Madison meetup! You can sign up by indicating above that you are “✓ Going” above in the blue rectangle.

I can maybe attend, how soon would you need to know for ordering meet-up cards? Thanks

@WiscoFamily
No worries about that. I always order more than enough cards, so even if you wait until the day of the meetup, you will be able to get cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok thanks! I’ll see if the rest of the Wisco family can/wants to go. We haven’t been to Madison in awhile so waking around there and meeting other postcrossers would be fun!

Great! We’d love to see you there!

I hope to be there. If I can’t, can I buy a meetup postcard?
Carol

Hi @Carol1,
Yes, of course! Cards will be available in about 2 weeks and are only 25 cents! :slight_smile:

The Spring Meetup card 2023 edition is now available. Well, it’s at the printers but I should have them by 9th April.
They are 25 cents each and you can message me with your order. They will be available for pickup at the Meetup. There won’t be time to mail them out in advance.

1 Like

My wife, Maria, is planning on attending also.
Thank you.

I would like to order 40 postcards for the Spring Meetup.
Thank you,
Randy

Sounds good! I’ve got you both down with 40 cards :+1:

Meetup cards arrived sooner than expected! I have them with me and can mail them out to those of you who would like them before the meetup!

I’ll be there! I just booked my hotel. I’ll take 20 cards, if there’s enough left!

Hi Matt!
Glad to hear you’ll be able to attend! I will have 20 cards for you to pick up at the meetup. Let me know right away if you want them mailed to you in advance though and I can do that.

Can I bring a friend who is interested is Postcrossing?

@BubbieBoi Yes, of course! The more the merrier!

Thank you! My name is Signe and my best friend is Roger. I hope he can join us but I do plan on being there.

hello! :smiling_face:
we have a twin meetup at Rio de Janeiro, same day as yours. would you like to swap our meetup postcards?

event link:
[15 April 2023 - Coffee Meetup in Rio de Janeiro/RJ]

postcard photo:

1 Like