Looking for a good address printer

Hey everyone I’m looking for a good address printer. I received a few postcards recently and they’ve been printed from address printer that print the address on a sticker and they look really nice and it’s really clear to read them. Do anyone have any recommendations for one on Amazon?

6 Likes

My wife and I have been using a Brother QL-700 for years. Can fully recommend.

4 Likes

I looked into them a while ago, I seem to remember they are quite expensive.

1 Like

i quite like my Brother HL-L2320D; it was relatively affordable, is compact/small and compatible with most label sheets - perfect for smaller limited spaces like an apartment or office.

unfortunately it only prints in black and white so if you want colour this may not be the one for you.

edit: i saw that you were looking for specifically label printers -sorry! i have heard good things about Dymo Printers they are a bit pricy for what they do but sometimes you can get a good deal on a secondhand one on ebay or at a thrift shop.

1 Like

Another alternative is to buy blank A4 sticker sheets, use an ordinary printer to print them. Use a template in a Word programme on the laptop/pc. I used to do that in a previous job.

5 Likes

@Bunny-Boo that’s what I’m currently doing and have been doing it since I started postcrossing lol :joy:

1 Like

Then why change it, if it is working? lol

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

2 Likes

@Bunny-Boo you have to use sellotape or glue just wanted something that was more streamline.

Oh sorry I thought you meant you were using the sticker sheets! Not paper.

1 Like

what you need are label sheets that are sticker paper that’s pre-cut to size and can be customize by printing on them (usually the sheets come with a downloadable template). no new printer needed!

1 Like

@sarahaeyo that is pretty much what I said. Though probably worded better lol

1 Like

I have a Dymo writer 450. Dymo back then had an promotion, and I got the labelwriter almost for free.
I paid 88 euro, but they had a 50% off cashback action. So I paid 44 in the end. This was back in 2014 and the thing is still working. It doesn’t use wifi or anything fancy, but these labelwriters are really sturdy.

Now I do not know if they still have cash back action, but sometimes they are cheap. Which makes sense. They earn money on the labels as well… So I guess sometimes they wanna sell more devices so people buy more labels? I don’t know maybe times have changed. This was in 2014…

Ps: I have looked into it, it seems the Dymo 450 was replaced with the 550. The 550 uses expensive labels and you cannot use third party labels… So it seems the new one is really bad. Stay away from it, if you can get a working 450 for cheap, you’d be golden.

I use hp sprocket which print on stickers
:wink:

1 Like

You may be on the something there I can get 100 sheets of those for 12€. Thank you

2 Likes

No problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Old typewriters made great addresses…as long as you can find ink ribbons.

4 Likes

True, but they can be unforgiving if you make a mistake. Plus if you are not familiar with them, they can be a lot of hassle.

I will check with you next time I run out of carbon paper or Wite-Out :stuck_out_tongue:

or mimeograph :joy:

2 Likes

As @Lox mentioned, she has a Brother printer. I have used their products for many many years. Although my unit is a laser printer, it’s ideal for all the letters I write. When I need the envelope addressed, I open the lid, pop in the envelope and print it.

Here’s a lesser known label printer manufacturer:

1 Like