London Postcrossing Anniversary Meetup 16 July 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: London
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: The British Museum,Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG
:calendar: DATE: Sunday 16 July 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: Meet at 11:00, lunch at 12:00 noon
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: We will meet at the information desk at the British Museum, and then have nearly an hour to explore the museum (and check out the extensive selection of postcards for sale!). General admission to the Museum is free, and there are various paid exhibitions you can see on the day: https://www.britishmuseum.org/exhibitions-events/16-07-2023

We have a table booked for lunch at 12 noon at the Museum Tavern (The Museum Tavern Pub & Restaurant, Bloomsbury) across the road where you will be able to get food and drink, and of course we will have meet-up postcards. The venue is wheelchair accessible.

EDITED:
This is the postcard design: there were requests to make it more ‘birthday-y’ so I made a stamp cake. Postcards will be 15p each. Those coming on the day will also get a few little treats :slight_smile:
I will be asking next week for people to let me know how many cards they want.

I will ask for an indication of ‘I am definitely coming, barring train strikes’ by 2nd July as I have to put a deposit down if there are more than 15 coming for lunch (which is totally fine, I just need to know!)

Going:
@NataliaDoesThings
@charzevans 20 postcards
@ollomol 20 postcards
@JennyAssis 20 postcards
@SusChris 20 postcards
@chrisbonham11 10 postcards
@JustJo 6 postcards
@Junaiki 5 postcards
@tesc 15 postcards
@Eli33 5 postcards
@Binnington 10 postcards
@friedgold91 6 postcards
@vientosdelnorte
@relvita 10 postcards
2 visitors

Not coming but have asked for postcards :
@Soja-P 1 postcard
@elle_dorado 1 postcard
@Deeske1974 1 postcard
@natha_md 1 postcard
@Maddymail 10 postcards
@redharry ? postcards
@Ayiluj 5 postcards
@foxfires
@redharry 10 postcards

8 Likes

As long as the trains are running ok, I’d love to come!!

1 Like

@redharry @Maddymail @charzevans @JennyAssis @SashaUA17 @sajinghan @SusChris @Xylia @geo_ @relvita @mella68 @ollomol @alexfc @TinyMouse @Binnington @seaview @kelpie @tashac @Aisha_jaja @AngelinaK @carlat13
would love to see you there!

2 Likes

I’ll try to make it! Thanks for the invite☺

I should be able to go, so excited! Thanks for tagging me :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s celebrate Postcrossing 18th Birthday :tada:
Put me down and @SusChris
Thanks for tagging me.

Hello @NataliaDoesThings , could you add me to the list please?

I should be able to make it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love to come!!

I’d like to come, please add me to the list.

Although the earliest train from Leeds arrives at Kings Cross at 10.40 so I might be a bit late - and that’s if the train isn’t delayed or cancelled, of course!

Not a problem - anyone who may be running late is welcome to join us in the pub if they don’t make it to the Information desk when we meet.

1 Like

Please pencil me in. Won’t know till nearer the time.

Could I please be added to the list as well? Thanks!

Please add me as a maybe as I need to work out logistics :slight_smile:

So the pub has contacted me and said that we would have to be there for noon, so an hour earlier than planned. Will this be a problem for people? If so I can try to find another venue. Please let me know by Friday 9 June if so.

@charzevans
@AngelinaK
@ollomol
@JennyAssis
@chrisbonham11
@Binnington
@JustJo
@Championwonder
@Junaiki

@redharry

3 Likes

The earlier time is no issue for me.

1 Like

Ooo, I might be able to join for the meal part. I’m travelling back via London and it could fit in perfectly, can I be an annoying maybe?

2 Likes

Of course, you can be a non-annoying maybe :slight_smile: Hope to see you there.

Hi! Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album Anmelden | VK
Thanks!

Not a problem.