Linocuts and carved stamps

Wow. Spectacular!!!

I discovered I don’t need ink pads with different colors. I’m just using markers!

19 Likes

Yeah. And it’s an easy way to do multiple colors on one stamp :+1:

2 Likes

yesterday i made these bookmarks with pretty origami paper and my handmade carved stamps.

1. hedgehogs
  2. birds
  3. matryoshka
  4. cherry blossoms

happy spring time :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Here is my handmade carved stamp that I have just finished today :slight_smile:

35 Likes

I’m relatively new to the whole process of hand-carving stamps, but so far I’ve been enjoying the process! So yesterday I was looking through my stash and found one stamp that was one of my first attempts, and I wasn’t really neither using it nor liking the design that much, so I decided I’d rather try using the other side of the stamp (my rubber block was decently thick).
And because the fact I’m in fact was recycling something not otherwise used had taken a great deal of pressure off, I decided to have fun and carve a somewhat silly image
So in case you’re wondering what’s that, it’s a medieval painting of an oyster which I just couldn’t stop thinking about :sweat_smile:
It has a rougher look to it, but I still think it’s kinda fun

28 Likes

Today I made this carved stamp of people. Can you tell it is four people next to each other ? It is my first time to carve people.

17 Likes

Yesterday and today, I made these two carved stamps of cats :

18 Likes

These are BEAUTIFUL!

Just found this talk, perfect timing to show my new stamp :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Who is soooo hungry …???

15 Likes

For some project I needed a nail - so that’s my latest stamp.

It might turn out to be multi-useful for all kinds of uses…

I needed it to put some nails into a manifesto. This is the envelope I used for sending the project:

The “manifest” stamp also is hand-carved, but I did it a while ago.

14 Likes

I have just hand-carved these stamps today :

• hands
  • bird carrying the letter
  • leaves
  • reindeer

22 Likes

This week was not very nice at work, so I needed to do some creative stuff in my free time and carved these stamps.

22 Likes

They’re gorgeous! :heart_eyes: And I hope next week will be a bit better :people_hugging:

1 Like

It’s a public holiday here today. There’s a started project waiting here for a while, so I carved some stamps that I need for that project:

24 Likes

Yesterday we went to a nearby town and one of the things in our agenda was to check out a small exhibition about lighthouses, in the local archive building. There were other exhibitions there as well and we ended up looking through all of them. One was about a local woodcut artist called Manuel Cabanas.

There was no context about the artist at all, but a lot of the works were featured, and it was so impressive! He did engravings about the local people, sacred art and also portraits of important people, to be included in the books they wrote. Apparently he was self-taught! I was seriously impressed and plan to research him further.

20 Likes

Wow, woodcarving is so impressive! It’s great to see the work of those artists. Thanks for sharing!

So this is the latest stamp I carved. I’m not sure if I’ll keep it or if someone else who I thought of when making it likes it…

22 Likes

Did I carve another stamp inspired by a quirky medieval painting? I sure did :grin:

I don’t know how often I’m going to actually use it, but it could come in handy at some point, or so I hope. Also, I didn’t have a rubber block, so used an eraser instead, and it seems to be working just fine.

23 Likes