Keeping getting the same countries (sending and receiving)

It’s been changing in the past 17 years and yes the topic has been discussed for 17 years. There were years when Finland was the most common sent and received country in the list, then Germany or USA. It all depends on the number of Postcrossers living in certain areas and most recently on political situation in some of them :slight_smile: I have been sending cards (not that many) for 17 years and it has always been great fun + I love all my 196 cards received from Finland.

19 Likes

And I started doing postcrossing when Finland was already closed to us. And that makes me a little sad. You have, in my opinion, the most interesting postcards.

5 Likes

If you want to exchange cards with other countries, I suggest you do more private swaps. It’s always a great possibility to get some extra cards from “more exotic” countries. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve checked the Postal Monitor. Wow, so many countries stopped the postal service to Russia. I didn’t know that! But it explains at least, why I got so many addresses from Russian Postcrossers lately. So the Russian Postcrossers get loads of postcards from Germany probably. :frowning:

But they still can participate in “official” Postcrossing. :wink:

I think that the algorithm which gives out the addresses is still challenged by the temporary mail suspension to China as well. The moment the mail suspension is over, we’ll all send lots of cards to China. :smile:

5 Likes

And @Mona_Berlin, as your suggestion goes in the direction of “suppressing certain countries”, you could have a look at another suggestion topic where we talked about this:

I am not suggesting “suppressing certain countries”, Cassisa!!!

2 Likes

So what are you suggesting? That the algorithm shouldn’t choose the big Postcrossing countries for you, or did I understand this wrong?

1 Like

I am not suggesting anything, @Cassisia. I am just stating facts. Most postcards lately I’ve sent to the USA and Russia. And I find this a bit dull. And this is my private opinion. But I did not know, that loads of countries have suspended postal contact with Russia, which explains that Russian addresses are sent to those people in countries that do still have contact with Russia.

I am very sorry if this is offending and provoking you.

1 Like

I’m sorry if I got this wrong. You posted in the category “suggestions”, so I assumed that you wanted a change in the way the addresses are drawn.
I’m not offended at all, I tried to share my opinion and find out what your suggestion is. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m sorry if this upset you.

3 Likes

I did
I get 95% USA
Even I tickes the own country box and mine is the most active one

I feel you
Would like to send more cards to my own Country which was often choosen but since month only US and very rare ones Germany and single Russia

Im absolutly fine with the US. And I love to send it there but I really wonder why its so many since month.
I guess I will get a 95 % in Stats soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Quite depressing “sender list”

I find your attitude very offensive, that American addresses should be limited to prevent ‘boredom’. I hope there are not many others out there who feel our participation should be restricted, if not eliminated?

8 Likes

Hi,
My list of cards traveling is good and pretty diversified right now but I send and receive a lot to and from Germany and Finland , and then Japan.
I asked now to also receive and send to and from my country (USA)to go faster but I don’t have a lot .

nah, sending cards to the usa is kinda special to me. these are my stats from last month.

even if it was 100% usa i still wouldn’t mind though. it’s a giant country with so many different places and people. couldn’t get bored of it if i tried.

12 Likes

I feel like you must have the ‘send to the same countries’ checked??

1 Like

yes i do. which should technically mean i should even get more usa addresses? but i guess it has to do with the postal restrictions right now that i’m sending a lot of cards to russia (which doesn’t show up in my stats because unfortunately they get expired a lot).
either way i don’t really mind. though it was a nice surprise that in a week time i got finland, japan, australia and canada. did not expect that at all.

2 Likes

I think that people who are «bored» or even worse: «depressed», with drawing certain countries, should ask themselves why they signed up for Postcrossing? If the answer is to collect postcards from as many different countries as possible, then maybe this site is not the perfect match for you…?

If your hobby makes you depressed, you’re either not doing it «right» or you should consider taking a break. I always though that a hobby is supposed to be something fun.

21 Likes