January 12, 2023 - San Francisco Meetup at USPS Stamp Dedication

:world_map: CITY/REGION: San Francisco, California, USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
:calendar: DATE: January 12, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11AM Local Time
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Hello everyone!
I recently hosted a Postcrossing meetup at the USPS stamp dedication ceremony for the Pony Cars stamps in Sacramento and it was a big hit!
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of the Postcrossers from California who were able to attend, so I’m doing it again!
The USPS recently announced the dates for some of their stamp dedications, and the first one of the year is the Lunar New Year- Year of the Rabbit stamp, which will be dedicated at the Asian Art Museum.
The ceremony is open to the public and free to attend, but the USPS requests that attendees RSVP at Lunar New Year – Year of the Rabbit Forever® Stamp

The dedication ceremony begins at 11AM local time, and then we will hold the meetup immediately following the dedication. I will bring a Postcrossing sign or something to help you all find me.
The Asian Art Museum doesn’t have a whole lot of meeting space available, so we will all find each other and then walk 3 blocks to the Opera Plaza Community Room, which @kimakoi has reserved for us. The address for the apartment complex is: 601 Van Ness Ave, located between Golden Gate & Turk. The Community Room is located on the Mezzanine level of the complex. To get there, you go to the elevators in the center of the complex (up the stairs behind the fountain) and take it to level M. When the elevator opens, turn right and follow the signs to “Community Room.” The complex does also have a parking garage. (Entrances are on Golden Gate and Turk.) Also, the Community Room IS wheelchair accessible.

Meetup cards- I expect will be 20 cents each, please let me know how many you’d like to reserve before January 3rd! You can see the design by scrolling down a little bit.

18 Likes

Can’t wait to see the postcard design! :smile:

2 Likes

This is a wonderful idea! I wish I was closer and able to attend. Katy

Yes!!! This is so exciting - the Asian Art Museum is just like 3 blocks from my home! I can walk to this meetup! :partying_face:
Really enjoyed the Pony Cars meetup!
-K

1 Like

Wish I could but these week day USPS events are a no go for me :sweat: great talking to you at the WPD meetup!

Definitely want some of the meetup cards.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see everyone there!

Of course! If you want to order some I can just mail them to you!

Alrighty everyone, here is the meetup card!
Since the Year of the Rabbit stamps are being dedicated at the Asian Art Museum, I went with rabbits in an art museum.
Postcards should be between 10-20 cents each depending on how many we order.
Please let me know how many cards you’d like to reserve!

20 Likes

So cute but the year needs to be updated.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out- I got it fixed!

2 Likes

I might go maybe , i will let you know ok

I am tentative on attending. I’ve replied through the link.

I would like to order 20 cards.

1 Like

I wish I was able to get the day off of work! :frowning: Hope you guys have a good time!
The design is so cool, great job!

I love to swap.
This meeting is on my birthday

Anyone, who would like to swap with me?

That is just the cutest design ever!

Hi, please reserve 50 for me. Thank you.

1 Like

So cute! I would love to order some! But can you mail to me? Since I am not living in SF😭

Hi Trevor!
I’m planning on coming! Very excited. The Sacramento Pony Card dedication was my first meetup and I so enjoyed it! Looking forward to Year of the Rabbit! I registered with the post office folks so am all set. I would like 40 cards. Love the design. I love the art museum theme with the rabbits! Creative idea!
See you there!
Pam (princesspamf)

1 Like

Yes, PM me your address, if you want to just paypal or venmo me or something that works, then I can mail however many you want