Is it ok to use a pride šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ stamp when sending postcards to your country?

Hello everyone!
I recently bought these LGBTQ+ pride stamps:

I am aware that not every country is on the same page when it comes to LGBTQ+ rights, so Iā€™d like to get some feedback: would it be okay to use these stamps when sending mail to your country?

96 Likes

To Germany - absolutely. Probably ot every single user will appreciate them, but I guess thatā€™s universal. I think theyā€™re great. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

To Sweden - definitely.
To Poland - it depends. If the algorithm assigned to you a seriously catholic person (who is writing about their religious beliefs on their profile), thereā€™s non-zero chance that they might be homophobic.

Most of Western Europe countries has well established LGBTQ+ rights and itā€™s not controversial to send stamps like these.

10 Likes

Please feel free to use them for mail to :poland:Poland :rainbow_flag: too!
They are ceratinly ā€œpolitically incorrectā€ here - but the government and the people are two different things - and the situation is not as bad here (yet) that Polish Post would not deliver mail with such stamps.
In fact, Polish Post even accepts ā€œpolitically incorrectā€ stamps used as postage. For instance, I have frequently used old stamps showing Lech Walesa - whose official status here in Poland is now that of a ā€œtraitorā€ - and those cards arrived without problems. Also, when printing postage stickers bought online, you can add a picture of your own choice or design - and when I used the Polish version of the ā€œNo human is illegalā€ logo, Polish Post delivered my cards and letters without fail :slight_smile:

24 Likes

oh Taiwan has the biggest pride in all of Asia. Send away!

15 Likes

Stamps are great!
Iā€™m totally sure that postal workers in Russia will not understand itā€™s pride stamps - if youā€™re worried about travelling of card, not only about recipient! If i donā€™t know it is, iā€™ll not understand it too - maybe only because of rainbow :slight_smile: So if user want or like this kind of stamps, why not?
But Iā€™ll not send this kind of stamp to people age 50+ in Russia - theyā€™re quite old in mind, much more older than same age person in Europe, soā€¦

17 Likes

Totally fine in Italy, too! I donā€™t know about the postal workers, but one of my neighbours commented positively on a Pride postcard I received, it made me happy :blush:

15 Likes

As @siobhan said, no problem at all to send these to Germany.
I would like to believe that the majority of German postcrossers would not only accept but appreciate these.
Iā€™m not a member of the LGBTQI+ community myself but I like to consider myself a straight ally.

20 Likes

No problem to send to the Netherlands!

4 Likes

The Netherlands was the first country in Europe which decided on marriage equality, wasnā€™t it?:grin:

8 Likes

Yes, and the first same-sex marriage was twenty years ago on April 1, 2001 :heart: :+1:

17 Likes

To Canada - YES! I mean, there are exceptions like in every country, but most people are accepting of the LGBTQ+ community.

6 Likes

Iā€™d also ask people if youā€™re going to use them for swaps, tags - some people need to not have stamps like that show up on their mail eh?

Thereā€™s postal systemsā€™ or countriesā€™ acceptance or not & then thereā€™s individual circumstances and whether they want any Pride/LGBTQ+ imagery visible on their mail. Or whether itā€™s safe for any individual to have mail show up with that imagery.

Having just done a bunch of Pride card swaps & a lottery, I gave people an option for an envelope with regular non-Pride stamps & some people wanted that option.

I wouldnā€™t use our Canadian Pride stamp unless I am sure itā€™s okay with someone first.

11 Likes

Also, we have these stamps:

49 Likes

You can send these no problem to :es: Spain! I think they are beautiful.

Last year, Correos EspaƱa decorated some of the mailboxes with the Pride Flag to celebrate diversity :smiley:

56 Likes

To Finland. Of course! :heart:

5 Likes

Yes to Belgium!

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my recent received stamp from Sweden (on a postcard) :heart:

33 Likes

Great stamps! Yes for the US!

7 Likes

You can send them to Austria alright.

Austria keeps having naked people (in art) on stamps (sigh! :roll_eyes:), that I am never sure of where I can send them, so what harm should some colours do?!

11 Likes