Is it ok to use a pride 🏳️‍🌈 stamp when sending postcards to your country?

Hello everyone!
I recently bought these LGBTQ+ pride stamps:

I am aware that not every country is on the same page when it comes to LGBTQ+ rights, so I’d like to get some feedback: would it be okay to use these stamps when sending mail to your country?

96 Likes

To Germany - absolutely. Probably ot every single user will appreciate them, but I guess that’s universal. I think they’re great. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

To Sweden - definitely.
To Poland - it depends. If the algorithm assigned to you a seriously catholic person (who is writing about their religious beliefs on their profile), there’s non-zero chance that they might be homophobic.

Most of Western Europe countries has well established LGBTQ+ rights and it’s not controversial to send stamps like these.

10 Likes

Please feel free to use them for mail to :poland:Poland :rainbow_flag: too!
They are ceratinly “politically incorrect” here - but the government and the people are two different things - and the situation is not as bad here (yet) that Polish Post would not deliver mail with such stamps.
In fact, Polish Post even accepts “politically incorrect” stamps used as postage. For instance, I have frequently used old stamps showing Lech Walesa - whose official status here in Poland is now that of a “traitor” - and those cards arrived without problems. Also, when printing postage stickers bought online, you can add a picture of your own choice or design - and when I used the Polish version of the “No human is illegal” logo, Polish Post delivered my cards and letters without fail :slight_smile:

24 Likes

oh Taiwan has the biggest pride in all of Asia. Send away!

15 Likes

Stamps are great!
I’m totally sure that postal workers in Russia will not understand it’s pride stamps - if you’re worried about travelling of card, not only about recipient! If i don’t know it is, i’ll not understand it too - maybe only because of rainbow :slight_smile: So if user want or like this kind of stamps, why not?
But I’ll not send this kind of stamp to people age 50+ in Russia - they’re quite old in mind, much more older than same age person in Europe, so…

17 Likes

Totally fine in Italy, too! I don’t know about the postal workers, but one of my neighbours commented positively on a Pride postcard I received, it made me happy :blush:

15 Likes

As @siobhan said, no problem at all to send these to Germany.
I would like to believe that the majority of German postcrossers would not only accept but appreciate these.
I’m not a member of the LGBTQI+ community myself but I like to consider myself a straight ally.

20 Likes

No problem to send to the Netherlands!

4 Likes

The Netherlands was the first country in Europe which decided on marriage equality, wasn’t it?:grin:

8 Likes

Yes, and the first same-sex marriage was twenty years ago on April 1, 2001 :heart: :+1:

17 Likes

To Canada - YES! I mean, there are exceptions like in every country, but most people are accepting of the LGBTQ+ community.

6 Likes

I’d also ask people if you’re going to use them for swaps, tags - some people need to not have stamps like that show up on their mail eh?

There’s postal systems’ or countries’ acceptance or not & then there’s individual circumstances and whether they want any Pride/LGBTQ+ imagery visible on their mail. Or whether it’s safe for any individual to have mail show up with that imagery.

Having just done a bunch of Pride card swaps & a lottery, I gave people an option for an envelope with regular non-Pride stamps & some people wanted that option.

I wouldn’t use our Canadian Pride stamp unless I am sure it’s okay with someone first.

11 Likes

Also, we have these stamps:

49 Likes

You can send these no problem to :es: Spain! I think they are beautiful.

Last year, Correos España decorated some of the mailboxes with the Pride Flag to celebrate diversity :smiley:

56 Likes

To Finland. Of course! :heart:

5 Likes

Yes to Belgium!

3 Likes

Here’s my recent received stamp from Sweden (on a postcard) :heart:

33 Likes

Great stamps! Yes for the US!

7 Likes

You can send them to Austria alright.

Austria keeps having naked people (in art) on stamps (sigh! :roll_eyes:), that I am never sure of where I can send them, so what harm should some colours do?!

11 Likes