Is anyone else experiencing Royal Mail delivery delays?

Hello all, for the past month and a half, Royal Mail in Oxford has only been delivering to my area once a week (on a Monday). There seems to be major staffing issues in the Oxford office, exarcerbated by changes to the routes that were implemented suddenly. It’s total chaos!

Is anyone else experiencing these issues in their areas?

No, not at all. I live down near Gatwick Airport, and we’re still having deliveries six days a week. It must be incredibly frustrating for you. I would hate it.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s only a problem in Oxford, by the looks of it! It’s frustrating to have delays with cards, but clearly a lot worse for people who are waiting for NHS appointment letters, bank cards etc.

2 Likes

Yes , before Royal Mail arrive in Italy in 3-5 days . Now I still waiting some cards more then one month, I hope it will arrive. Just one envelope was arrived enough fast from UK this period, may be was other zone of UK .

3 Likes

Definitely receiving 5/6 days per week but whether delays not sure… some seem faster than others :thinking:

1 Like

I’m having problems. Deliveries only every other day, or less

1 Like

I think it’s something all of us should expect over the next couple of months with the Omicron wave on top of the Delta wave. After saying we were still getting deliveries six days a week, the postman didn’t come down our road on Tuesday.

1 Like

Getting deliveries everyday here, but things taking longer than they usually do - but not surprising given COVID and Christmas.

1 Like

This article lists the areas affected by delays at the moment (including the mail centres which will have an impact on even more postcode areas)

2 Likes

This postcard was sent by my daughter. It was sent from Edinburgh on November 26, 2021, and arrived in The Netherlands on February 22, 2022. With the current storms it might have been travelling faster in a bottle… But if something takes only long enough it gives double joy when it arrives at last.

3 Likes

Well since it is a Universal Mail stamp (private mail operator) and not an official Royal Mail one, it probably took a detour via the Philippines or Brunei before coming back to the Netherlands.

2 Likes

The Netherlands?

See the post above mine, I’ve just hyperlinked the Universal Mail stamps thread to this one, as your post was one of the first to mention the Philippines.

Ah, I see.

They (U.M.) do these “detours” to save money I guess.

Well after Five days of no post, a big thud of rubber banded post dropped on the doormat this morning. Delivered by a postie in a yellow high-vis with a white van.

… And alot of my UK RR & tag post haven’t made their receipts yet despite being posted at the begining of the week.

I wonder if there are problems at the local Mail Centre or Delivery Office. No known issues reported online :pensive:

1 Like

I had that in January… My regular postie was off, bereavement,and I don’t think there was cover for his round (30th Dec then no post until 11th Jan), except for the parcels. Postboxes were emptied, but my postie doesn’t empty them on this round. When I visited family last, the postie would also empty the boxes on her route but there was also a later collection after she finished her round (and there’s a post office counter in the village too), so another postie would drive through.

1 Like

Yes it would seem we’re only getting mail every second day round here. And it was not my usual postie that handed over my Philatelink order yesterday., but the different one clearly been on the round for a while too as he asked about all the postcards :slight_smile:, I’d just never met him.

1 Like

Today, a passer-by delivered my post. He had found it on a wall nearby, possibly having been put there by someone else who found it on the ground! I’m glad for once it was in an envelope or it might have been ignored.

2 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

How…?
What…?

3 Likes

Shocking, isn’t it?

2 Likes