Indonesia - Where to get postcards

In Jakarta

• Sarinah mall, they have reasonable price (Rp 5k each)
  • Filateli Corner in Central Post Office Pasar Baru (Rp 3k each)
  • Pasaraya Department Store, on souvenir floor (± 20k each, unreasonable price but some cards have real batik cloth)

Obviously, these places have limited cards :sweat_smile:

As for online shop (shopee & tokopedia) there are some stores, :mag: postcard / postcrossing, lot of variety and style will pop up. Range from 3500 to 9000 , depends on the store. Usually a store has same price for many different styles

Stationery like Gramedia, Kinokuniya, and grocery store like Super Indo sometimes sell them. But this depends where :sweat_smile: . Grand Indonesia mall might be a good place to see

Some Cafés in old town quarter has reportedly sold some cards, but I’ve never seen them

The varieties of cards sold in offline stores are sad, unfortunately. Few art shop sometimes sell them too but they can be thin and expensive, but the theme usually has nothing to do with Indonesia (just cute illustrations)

1 Like

Oh, I thought postcard in Sarinah mall were expensive (like, Rp 10k-15k each). I only buy stamps at Filateli Corner Pasar Baru and didn’t know that they also sell postcards. :sweat_smile:

Grand Indonesia is indeed a good place to find postcard. I’ve bought some nice viewcards and illustration postcards at Gramedia and Kinokuniya Grand Indonesia circa 2018-2019.

Thank you for your recommendations, @catchycat! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Bandung City :

• Pos Indonesia (Jl.Asia Afrika No.49), Rp 3k each
  • Filateli Corner (Graha Pos Jl.Banda No.30), Rp 3k each
  • Periplus (Jl. Dr.Setiabudi No.42), Rp 7k each, mostly tourist cards
  • Books & Beyond (Bandung Indah Plaza 1st Floor Jl.Merdeka No.56), ±Rp 10k each, mostly illustrated map cards from lestari_id
  • Omuniuum (Jl.Ciumbuleuit No.151B 2nd Floor), ±Rp 10k each, usually small art cards probably from postcard box
  • Kineruku (Jl.Hegarmanah No.52), ±Rp 12k each, usually art cards from various local artists
  • Tobucil & Klabs (Jl.Aceh No.56), Rp 5k-12k each, usually art cards from various local artists

There are probably more but I think some have already closed or not selling postcards anymore…

1 Like

I would like to add more online shops :

BToQo Postcards (Shopee)
Filateli.co.id
kotak.pos (Shopee)
medanstamps (Shopee)
namonzone (Shopee)
PATW (Instagram)
Posnesia (Shopee)
TWANIS JOGJA (Shopee)

Thank you, @-hiki- :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendations, @Larch :grin:

hiI! I don’t know if it’s still relevant or not (because I haven’t been to Yogyakarta again for a few years), but in some souvenir shops in Malioboro, they also sell some postcards. But we need to check again whether it’s still available or not. And also, Gramedia Malioboro had a lot of pretty vintage postcards before, but still it needs to be re-checked :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,

Actually I am also selling postcard. I live in Jakarta. And I might be contacted @medyloekito.

The design of my postcards are taken from my daughter’s painting, my father’s painting, my son’s underwater photo, and my poetry. So they’re certainly original and special design.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I found another local shop: Boxlibby (Shopee). If you want to add it here @-hiki-.

Or perhaps for “Local Shops” you can just put a link to here or here instead?
Having the same link lists in separate threads can cause confusion, and in case those online shops are not active, the list in the other thread(s) is a wiki so it can be updated easily by other Indonesian users. So in here, you can focus on the offline shops and international shops. If you want, of course. :wink:

1 Like

Permanently closed per 1 January 2023

2 Likes

Oh, no. So sad… They had other craft things too other than postcards. Shops like that are like gems nowadays… :slightly_frowning_face: Thanks for the info!

Hello:))) does anyone know about where to buy postcard with tourists topic in Yogyakarta and around (now I’m in Prambanan, maybe Solo, Surakarta…:slight_smile: thank yooou!:)))

It’s easier to find postcards in Yogyakarta instead of the capital city Jakarta.
Unfortunately I don’t live there :smile:
I don’t know any forum member from Yogyakarta since only few of Indonesian postcrossers join this forum.

Siapa yang tahu ya @IndonesiaRaya ?

hi @suzanka93 , @yudi
@aletterbox answer is the best solution in Jogja, please check & find out :+1:

btw freesia in toped & shopee (in main thread) is my shop :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
please stop by :blush:

2 Likes

Looks like I missed this topic, I’m sorry :cry:

I actually have written about places to buy postcards in Yogyakarta in my personal blog here

However, it was last updated on February 2020, before I moved to my hometown.
And I haven’t visited Yogyakarta again.

1 Like

The Winner of 2023 World Postcard Day design Contest, lisasaputra, also has postcard shops. :slight_smile:Shopee | Tokopedia | ko-fi

1 Like

Just added it. Thank you, @Larch ! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Indonesian friends, I will go to Yogyakarta soon! I hope to find postcards. I see there are places in this thread that I can check for postcards. I wonder if they all survived the pandemic. It looks like no one here has the most updated information. But at least it’s helpful to know where to search. I will try and update when I come back, for the next travellers!

2 Likes

Any shops in Kuta ? Guidance pls.

Back from Yogyakarta, I was only there a few days so this is a small update:

This shop still exists, and still has postcards. I could see that from the outside but I was not able to go back and shop there during opening hours, so I don’t know the price. The opening hours are like 11am to 5pm or sometimes 12 to 5pm. Mainly on Fri-Sat-Sun but maybe other days - the owner seems to update via Instagram daily. But because I was always elsewhere sightseeing, I wasn’t able to go back.

I found postcards tucked in in a tourist shop in front of Mall Malioboro. It was not a bookshop, it had souvenirs like many others, and an ice cream counter. But we went inside and all at the back, not visibile from the street, was a postcard rack. The price was IDR 13,000. That is a lot more than the prices listed in this thread from only 3-4 years ago! The postcards were good quality and seemed similar to those sold at the Lucky Boomerang bookshop - I would guess the price in the bookshop is similar nowadays.

I didn’t see any postcards for sale at the main post office.

2 Likes

Halo:)))
Quick update: from Jakarta

*Sarinah mall - a huge pile of plcards, mosty batik motive, each 15.000

• Periplus - about 10 sorts of cards, one is for 7.000

Unluckily i did go in this order:D

1 Like