In English - visitors corner

Good afternoon from the UK. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Just to let you know @dmireles03, @SusannaP, @maremirea, @Katia60, @Iside82 that I am posting something to you today. Greetings to all your wonderful cities and wishes for much happiness this coming Spring - filled with Italian music. Take care.

2 Likes

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend

1 Like

Thank you Eugenia! have a nice weekend!

1 Like

thank you!!!

1 Like

Ho ricevuto oggi la tua busta con tutto ciò che contiene. Non ho parole per ringraziarti, sei stata davvero carina. Io sono molto dispiaciuta perchè ti ho mandato una semplice cartolina. Cercherò di provvedere al più presto!!!
Ancora grazie di cuore!!!
Katia

conviene che metti il tag o le scrivi in rivato o rischia di non leggere/capire

1 Like

Grazie, ma non ho l’indirizzo privato mi ha sempre scritto dalla community.

le puoi scrivere un messaggio privato qui sul Forum: clicchi sulla sua immagine profilo e in blu vedi scritto MESSAGE in alto a sinistra (da cell)!

1 Like

I would like to send many grateful thanks to @SusannaP and @Katia60 for very lovely cards. I am learning a lot from them. Susanna, yes, I have visited Rome in my youth but I would appreciate it much more if it were now I think. Have a wonderful day and all the best. Speak soon.

1 Like

Dear Stefano @stefbot75. Writing with many warm greetings from the UK and an update on correspondance from your wonderful recent meetup. I received a lovely message from Luca @lucacr who received my mail - thank you Luca! I was also fortunate enough today to receive several beautiful cards: three meetup cards from different members as well as a multi-view card from Morena @anon44428207 of Gargano in Apulia and a vintage card from Matteo @Sum_Summus_Mus of a lady enjoying her tea break.

The meetup cards it seems are made by members? Could I ask how they are printed? Do you use a printer or do you print at home? In any case, kudos for the meetup cards to @Markopuff89 and @Iside82. They are beautiful! And it is lovely to see the beauty of Genoa and its traditions on them. The Christmas meetup one is so festive!

Marco’s card was also signed by @Alexinax and Morena. Much appreciated. Libera sent the other meetup card but I am not sure of the correct user name - please convey my thanks. The Genova Carnival Meetup 2022 was signed by Matteo, @spidermoro, Marco, Morena, Luca, Laura, Libera, Eleonora, Emanuela and Stefano. Please, Stefano and friends if you can thank those whose usernames I do not know. I send you all my very best wishes. Adding: @Argentea.
Adding: @libera1981, @lallpall, @Buffysan, @EmanuelaVictoria.

I am also grateful to @SusannaP and @Katia60 for cards already arrived here which made me very happy.

A few people asked whether I have been to Italy. Yes, in my youth though I think I would appreciate it much more if it were now. I love Italian culture and want to continue learning about it. I studied quite a lot of Italian history and music and of course I am fond of Italian food.

I wrote one card recently with the help of an online translator in Italian and one without using my limited knowledge and a few phrase books. I may try to write in Italian again though I don’t speak the language. It is lovely to feel the rhythm and pulse of Italian when writing. If you receive a few phrases with errors from me please forgive me.

Have a wonderful Spring and a very happy Easter. Eugenia

2 Likes

Wow Eugenia, what a great mail day! :smiley:

Yeah, the meetup card were made by members, and then printed online on Vistaprint : it is a site were you can order postcards, business cards and such things with your own designs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @Iside82 and congrats again on the designs. Yes, I know of Vistaprint and have also used Moo before. I wish you a very creative and inspired Springtime.

Have a great day. Eugenia

1 Like

Hi Dawn,

Your lovely postcard arrived today. Dallas looks very impressive indeed. Wonderful!

Greetings and best wishes to several Italian friends who wrote to me - thank you. Will respond to each with PM. Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Dear members from Italy,
I am a big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest and year after year I hope to get a postcard about the most recent event, but always without luck. Maybe this year? If anybody has a card about the contest in Torino I would love to swap. :smiley:

nfortunately Italy is not famous for creating postcards dedicated to special events like these, so I think it will be very hard…

1 Like

Hi Maria, Your beautiful postcard from your lovely and historic home town is here. It is indeed a ‘beautiful city’, true to the name! Thank you so much. Made me very happy. Have a good weekend. Eugenia

1 Like

Writing with kind regards to the postcrossing friends of the Rapallo meeting.

:world_map: CITY/REGION: rapallo (liguria), italy
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: rapallo railway station, main entry
:calendar: DATE: 9th april 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10-17

Card arrived this morning and it is fantastic. Good to hear from you all. Thank you.
Hope you had a very happy Easter. Eugenia

2 Likes

Dear Italian postcrossing friends,

Today I received a beautiful card from a Florence meetup (2021). It was signed by several people and I think it was probably written during the meeting in Rapallo organised by @stefbot75.

Very beautiful card and thank you for sending this to me. I assume one of you designed the card? I think it was sent by @EmanuelaVictoria. Thank you!

1 Like

Any Postcrosser/s from Rome who would like to meet up in June? I’m visiting my aunt, and it would be nice to meet and greet fellow Postcrossers. I’ve been to Rome once, many many years ago, but too long ago to arrange a formal Postcrossing meetup. From that visit many years ago, I bought many postcards that I felt it imperative to come back so I can send them from Rome. :smiley: We can go for a walk, sightseeing, coffee somewhere and sign postcards?

1 Like