In English - visitors corner

Ciao! Grazie mille​:blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulation everyone on your Euro Championship victory over England last night - Hope your heads don’t hurt too much this morning! Forza Italia!

7 Likes

Thank you! :hugs:
It was a nice match, with the result uncertain until the last second!

3 Likes

Hi Ragazzi :wink:

I could aquire some high value lira stamps for you

please let me know, if you are interested

some new old stamps in Lira:

The Euro self adhersive are traded already with @Jupie

traded these stamps

I am open for any proposal in means of stamp swap also used ones i.e. from scanidinavian countries
or recent used mini sheets or nice covers

Or of course german unused stamp :wink:

Ciao
Ulrich

1 Like

Hi guys! Saluti dalla Grecia!
A friend of mine is going to visit Napoli in two weeks and she wants to send me a postcard.

Can you please let me know where are stamps sold besides post offices?
I found this article from 2017:

Can you please let me know if it’s accurate?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Agapi

1 Like

As far as I know, it is nowadays harder and harder to get stamps at the tobacconist (though it was the norm when I was younger!).
Even the post office is not the best place, believe it or not :rofl: Especially for stamps to send abroad.
The best bet is a philatelic office Spazi filatelia

That said, you can always try your luck at the tobacconist, it’s hit and miss though. I once tried several different ones in my hometown with no luck, but had success at a random one in a city I was visiting.

BEWARE that in tourist areas most tobacconists nowadays try to sell you stamps from private companies with GPS tracking and other nonsense, they are unreliable and more expensive than the already extortionate post office ones. So make sure you get a stamp from Poste Italiane and not someone else.

2 Likes

Hi @agapara, I completely agree with @elikoa, I have the same experience with tobacconists.
The article seems to me old even for 2017, when blue airmail stickers where already dismissed.

Most post offices print a thermal label on demand as postage :slightly_frowning_face:, only the ones that have a philatelic counter have stamps, here is list for Napoli, in addition to Spazi Filatelia:
https://www.poste.it/sportelli-filatelici-napoli.html

A pair of notes :wink:

• philatelic counter is one among all post office’s counters, generally indicated by a yellow sign with stamp’s perforation, and usually do also other services, it’s not dedicated;
  • philatelic counter usually has reduced timetable respect to the post office itself, generally is the morning until 13:30;
  • for the above reasons, you don’t have to do queue for philatelic counter (so they explained me), nor to pick up prenotation ticket, you only have to wait that the customer that is there have finished… but since the begin of covid, there’s always to do the external queue to enter the building.

For Greece, ask for “B zona 1” stamp 1,15€ (it’s 5 cent more than the domestic “B”), here are all the commemorative ones issued in 2021:
https://colnect.com/it/stamps/list/country/106-Italia/year/2021/face_value/14534-B_Zona_1

2 Likes

@elikoa & @davfv17 your replies were more than helpful - thank you so, so much! :heart_eyes:
I’ll let her know your tips! :slight_smile:

me to, i learn, italiano 1.1 so i can make short phrases … i do speak english & french & dutch my tongue!

2 Likes

Benvenute @anon84378728 e @bondgirl2170 !

1 Like

Grazie​:100::stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Too late. I was in Verona the first weekend of september and the two postcards I used a stamp with GPS tracking one to portugal is still traveling and the one to sweden arrived today (43 days). They had this kind of stamp, where I bought the postcard.

1 Like

I live in Verona: there are lots of stamps (real stamps I mean) sellers and the philatelic post office too! I’m sorry you bought the wrong ones :-/

1 Like

Well, finally the first one arrived. I just had to be a little bit more patient :wink:

3 Likes

Grazie

1 Like

Hello,

I am a French girl who search for a penpals (between 20-25 years old).
I already have a Italian penpals. I am very grateful for having him. That’s why I am searching for a new friend. Furthermore, I try to learn Italian so if someone want to be my penpals and also help me to learn Italian, I would be very happy !

Best regards,
Buona serata,

I post your post in the main italian FB group of postcrossers, I hope you will find someone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I’m extremely in love how Italy promotes its brands via maxicards, especially Gucci, Gancia, Campari and Divella.
Does anyone want to trade any of rhem?

I’m also interested in trading other Italian maxicards.

1 Like

the first 3 are quite rare at the moment, so good luck!
if I find something I’ll let you know!

1 Like