In English - Visitor's corner

Did I understand correctly, you want to send a postcard to Sweden to get it postmarked and sent it back to you?

Technically you are out of luck here, Swedish post does not automatically postmark the stamps anymore. They do have seasonal postmarks, but they don’t really inform the public about those so you never know if you get one. Also, we don’t have post offices.

However, I did hear rumours few years back that the Swedish philatelist association can postmark cards. I don’t know if that is true, but they will surely know more and might be able to help you. I think your best option is to contact them directly via e-mail and ask (https://filatelisten.se You can find email address neatly hidden in upper left corner) Just be ready for a long wait time. The summer holiday season is just starting here so people are not at office to reply for emails.

Another option is to buy a first day cover from PostNord’s website. It will cost more because one cover includes all the stamps of the same issue, but you will for sure get postmarked stamps.

If you want you can send it to me and I will drop it off, but I can’t promise that it will arrive postmarked.

2 Likes

Yes, you understood correctly, I have the Sweden FOTW already stamped but I wish it had the postmark. I will try to contact the Swedish philatelist association as you suggested and if I suceed I will tell you :blush: Thank you for your reply! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

@Norway_girl @Kompis-Ninna & @VilhelmR

Thank you for your posts, I ended trying Nordfirm and they did not disappoint, just in time before going away.

I ended up buying a selection of older stamps, which can still be used in combination for international post till the end of this year (?)

Could I use two 25 DKK stamps that state Indland for international postcards?

I think you can, but I can’t find a clear answer anywhere.

Hello everyone, I am a high school student from China who will enter my senior year of high school next year and participate in the intense college entrance examination. I have seen a lot of reports about Iceland in national documentaries since I was young, and I am very interested in the local culture, customs, and natural scenery there. I am curious about the pure and beautiful glaciers, romantic and charming auroras, as well as the unique polar day and night phenomena in the polar regions. So, if it is convenient, could you please invite friends from Iceland who are interested in exchanging postcards to exchange beauty with me