In ENGLISH - ASK questions and ask for HELP here

If you send it out as is on the day you have it stamped, you do not need to put a stamp on the address side.
However, this must be within Japan. Please write “切手裏面貼付” in the place where stamps should be affixed.
If the postcard is to be sent outside of Japan or after the date of the stamp, a stamp is required on the address side.

※The one to which the address is written is the front.

3 Likes

They are sold at post offices in Shizuoka and Yamanashi prefectures.

Hi there!
I’m planning to visit Japan in 2024. Being a huge Snoopy fan, I’m wondering where I can buy Snoopy/Peanuts postcards? Any physical stores or any online sites I can order/buy in person? Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi,
I found the website about the shop “WOODSTOCK NEST”
ウッドストックネスト (woodstock-nest.jp)

According to the website, this shop sells the postcards.
But I’m not sure whether they always have many stocks.
Though you hardly find the postcards there, you can find other Snoopy/Peanuts goods.

I hope this website will help you.

@mcrxmy
Hello!
Where in Japan are you going?
There is a" Snoopy Museum" in Tokyo.
I think you can buy it if you go to that store (the store requires a museum admission fee).

There are" Snoopy Town" stores in various areas of Japan.
There are cards that are designed like Gotochi cards and can only be purchased in that area. Some stores may not carry it.
It’s best to call and confirm.

There is a “PEANUTS Cafe” in Nakameguro. (There seem to be “PEANUTS Cafe” stores in other areas as well.)
It seems that the cafe also has postcards.

I hope you can purchase the card😊

2 Likes

Hello Rachelle,

(1)
I can only speak from my experience of sending postcards internationally from Japan. From what I was told, Japan Post requires that the address and the stamp(s) be found on the same side, so it can be tricky for a maxicard.

Traditionalists wouldn’t allow the address be found on the image side where the stamp is fixed. But for non-traditionalist, you may very well inscribe his/her address on the image side and use the stamp as actual postage stamp. Here is an example I made from Hiroshima, a maxicard that has travelled postally:

(Oh yes, there will be an additional black Western cancel (欧文印) associated with all outbound mails.)

Even though there may be a few post offices whose staff doesn’t know this rule very well, and may allow you to put the stamp and the address on different sides (I think the easternmost post office did allow such a card to pass through in my experience), but this rule is observed by the vast majority of post offices I have dealt with in Japan.

(2)
If you cannot travel to a location, you may also try to look for the Mt. Fuji Gotochi on marketplace such as Mercari. I had the chance to get this one in a batch of Gotochi at a bargain price. Usually buying in bulk is cheaper than buying individually.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Could you help me?
Is there anybody ballroom dancer? I’m looking for ballroom dancer to share common interests and become a penpals))

Within Japan, how do people normally send/swap Postacollect gotochi? Is it mostly with other collectors, to friends and family, or keep for themselves?

Are they popular with the general public or mostly with postcard collectors/postcrossers?

I’d like to swap Postacollect gotochi (and other regional series) I bought when traveling in Japan, but it’s hard to find swappers.

1 Like

When I buy gotochi cards, I always buy 3 (if available) so I can have one for myself and use the others for swaps or official PC cards. There is a gotochi card exchange here, but it’s not very active (which is true of the Japanese forum in general). Personally I would love to swap with people all over Japan to collect the cards but other than here, haven’t found another way to do so yet.

I know from talking to other people that not everyone likes or is interested in gotochi cards, but at the same time they are hard to find! Even since this summer I’ve noticed that most post offices don’t carry any gotochi cards other than the postbox cards, or maybe they might have one or two designs. When I was up in Tokyo last month I could only find 3 different designs having visited 5 different post offices, while in Saitama I got none at all. I was lucky in Kanagawa to find 5 designs, but only at a smaller post office - none of the big ones in any major cities had any. Here in Kyoto I haven’t seen any cards other than the Kyoto vegetables cards at any of the major post offices in months, and although I’ve been visiting as many of the smaller post offices as I can, I’ve only found a few gotochi cards in one of them (and I bought them out). I wonder if Postacollect has not produced any new cards (other than seasonal mailbox cards) in a while which is why they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

3 Likes

I had heard about the earthquake but had only just seen the pictures of the destruction. It’s so sad. My heart goes out to you. :people_hugging:

13 Likes

A very late reply but I just found this thread. I checked and there was not an equivalent commemorative stamp issued by Japan. They also do not do commemorative postage paid envelopes.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

I would appreciate any help.
I would like to send a package to Japan, but the delivery service is Hermes. When you enter an address online, you first specify the address suffix, then the physical address, postal code, and country.

If the address provided is recipient name, state, address, postal code, country, will the package arrive safely?

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

こんにちは!

助けていただければ幸いです。
日本に荷物を送りたいのですが、配送サービスはエルメスです。 オンラインで住所を入力するときは、まず住所の接尾辞を指定し、次に実際の住所、郵便番号、国を指定します。

入力された住所が受取人の名前、州、住所、郵便番号、国である場合、荷物は安全に届きますか?

どうもありがとうございます。

Hello!
I don’t know that delivery service. However, even if the address order is different, as long as all addresses are listed, I think it will arrive.
In Japan, the area is narrowed down by postal code, so the street number and room number are especially important.
Do you enter the recipient’s phone number? If there is, I think even if the delivery person gets lost, they will call and confirm.

3 Likes

Hello,

yes, the recipient’s phone number is known. So I will try my luck with it. Thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone :smiling_face:

I recently acquired a bundle of old postcards and photographs from Japan and some have writing on the back which I am having a hard time translate and need some help with !

Most of them are probably not very important or very enriching, but two photographs have longer text in the back (including I know to be of the very late Meiji era) and I would really love to know what they mean.

I didn’t want to just post the pictures directly here, because I am not sure if it is the right place for it.

I would really enjoy getting some help on this little project!

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

@SophieAD
Hello!
The way sentences were written in the Meiji era was different from now, so I don’t know if I can understand that.
But I’m going to try it out, so if you’d like, could you send me the photo via DM? :grinning:

1 Like

日本人と友達になりたいです。E-mail address removed by moderator は私のメールアドレスだけです。歓迎します我で日本人と友達になりたいです。E-mail address removed by moderatorは私の邮箱地址だけで歓迎します只是私の邮箱地址です你好、日本的朋友们、中国来了。大学生です。日本が好きです。日本語稍微可以。日本人と友達になりたいです。E-mail address removed by moderator是我的,只是日本的朋友们、こんにちは。我か中國から大学生です。日本が好きです。日本語稍微可以。我で日本人と友達想成为です。E-mail address removed by moderator 朋友想成为日本人と一緒にいたいです。我でついていきたいです你好、日本的朋友们、中国来了。大学生です。日本が好きです。日本語稍微可以的と思います日本的の皆さん、こんにちは。我か中国から来て大学生。我で日本稍微日本語ができる的のが好きです你好、日本的朋友们、中国来了。大学生です。日本が好きです。日本是稍微有点想的少一喜欢中国来了。大学生です。日本会が好きです我か中国来来大学生。我で日本が好きです中国から来た的是大学生。喜欢て大学生です我か中國から来ました、こんにちは。中国から来ました皆さんこんにちはたち朋友日本

E-mail address removed by moderator. If you’re sure you want it visible for everyone in a public forum, included non-forum members, you can edit your post to include it again. But then, please add a statement saying something like “This is my e-mail address, and I understand it’s being posted on a public forum”. We do recommend using private messages (PM’s) to share private information.

Hi,
if you looking for an Japanese teacher still now,
Can I try it?

1 Like

こんにちは😊
私は10月に日本にいきます。だから、今もっと日本語を勉強したい。I’m having a good study routine but I’d like to follow a few Japanese creators on YouTube and TikTok for immersion. Can you recommend channels with Japanese creators that you enjoy? Maybe you can recommend me some channels around daily life, traveling, vlogs, food etc.

Thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

Hello,

Have you by any chance encountered “New Year’s Eve Foxfires” by Hiroshige as a postcard? I just saw this artwork at an exhibit and fell in love. Looks like people on zazzle and similar sites have it available, but hoping to find a more authentic printing done in Japan.

Thank you in advance!