I feel like the US Mail is picking up speed again!

To be fair though, the only reason the USPS is financially in trouble is because they are required to pay pension services eighty years into the future. They are the only company required to do this and this was done so that the accounts could be pilfered. If you removed the future pension requirements, they would be far ahead financially. Rather than clutter up the mail service, writing letters to your congressman asking that this policy be waived would do far more good for the postal service.

1 Like

So if they didn’t read it it would at least support the post office to send a few extra postcards. I can afford to send 1 to each valid politician every month or 2 weeks. Do you do it?

Well I came up with that idea when I posted it, so no, I had not done it yet. I will start today. Surfclub66 has a great point about their finances. I would also note that I have never agreed with the concept that some folks have that the postal service is a business. It is somewhat like a business, but it is in reality, a service provided by the government. I expect it to be run efficiently and fairly, but that does not mean I expect it to turn a profit, or even necessarily pay for itself.

2 Likes