I feel like the US Mail is picking up speed again!

I got something from Idaho today in 4 days and I’m in Virginia! Has anyone else noticed within the last week it’s a tad faster than before?

5 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I just had one registered in the USA at 28 days which is not too bad nowadays. In fact, it’s pretty good.

2 Likes

Yes. Somebody sent me a card from Arizona on Monday to Texas and it only took 4 days. I sent a card to somebody nearby and it only took 2 days. However the mail I have sent over the last few weeks ago is still in transit =/ I have a card from Texas to Missouri that is currently on day 10!

1 Like

My postcard just arrived in USA in 13 days. Quite a good record I would say, especially during these times.

4 Likes

I got a card stamped on dec 20 in NY after 4 days - and I’m in Italy!

4 Likes

I’m in the UK and I received one from the US yesterday that had taken just 7 days. And one of mine to the US arrived after 9 days. Yes! Definitely picking up.

5 Likes

Clap! Clap! Clap! They are doing what they are supposed to do.

2 Likes

My postcard from Germany to Westcoast USA is still on its way since 42 days… but my parents parcel from northern german y to ABQ/USa since November… frustrating.

3 Likes

No mail at all two days this week. Ten postcards yesterday, some from as long ago as October. It is a crap shoot.

2 Likes

@MissKrabappel Welcome to the forums!

@eta55 My point is it’s getting better.

I feel like it is. I got a card yesterday from Massachusetts that only traveled 3 days to Florida. My USA cards have been taking a lot longer than that recently, so I was surprised when I registered it!

1 Like

Yes. I received a card mailed from Maryland Dec 21 on January 6. To upstate NY! Then yesterday got a card mailed five days ago.

1 Like

We are also still waiting for Christmas packages to arrive here. They were sent between mid October and early November … They are either stuck in Frankfurt or somewhere in between.

1 Like

Yes and no. A Christmas gift sent to the U.S. almost exactly 2 months ago still hasn’t made it, and the intended recipient told me the last couple of packages she has gotten were completely waterlogged. Since the gift was a book, I’m a bit discouraged that it will ever make it in a usable condition…

On the other hand, I just got a large batch of Post from the U.S. and some of it was back to the normal 1-week to 10-days mailing time.

I just had 2 things mailed to me, one “Priority” and one through normal Post. We’ll see…

1 Like

My card to the US already travels for 11 days. Hoping it’ll arrive by next week :smile:

1 Like

I’ve had about 12 sent cards registered in the past few days, after they seemed to be out there for awhile. Maybe the log jam is breaking up. An ornament I ordered from an artist in Colorado finally arrived after a month and chocolates I ordered (and paid priority shipping for) arrived 1 month and 1 day after being sent. Between December 17 and the day before I received them there was no update in the USPS about their whereabouts.

Also, the credit card statement that I did not get in December, and thus was charged a late fee and interest, arrived. It was confusing until my husband realized it was the missing statement and not a new one with another penalty. He also had bills not arrive on time and payments sent not arrive.

1 Like

Still slow for me…

2 Likes

I just received a card yesterday from Seattle, WA that took 22 days. I live about 3 hours away in Portland, OR. But I have sent cards to other states recently that get there in the expected time frame.

Yes! We never received an invoice for our garbage (supposedly in early November) and so we ended up having to pay a hefty fee after I finally called them to inquire …