How to send Personal Messages (PM's) to others on the forum?

Nothing helps. It has been 1 week since there was an update on the site. It is not possible that I accidentally deleted something on my own forum page. I can’t click on other options there either (for example: new, archive).

If it is since the update, please post your problem here :arrow_right: Forum update (Discourse 3.1) - maybe Paulo can help.

3 Likes

Is it true that we can only send a PM to someone who is already “on the Forum” (whatever that means)?

As far as I know, yes. If someone has never visited the forum, there’s no forum forum account for them…

Thanks!

How do i Check DM’s on the Platform ?NOt the forum

By platform you mean the main site? Where you draw addresses?

There aren’t pm folders. It is directly delivered to your Email address. Just check your inbox.

1 Like

This Section ,where does the Message goes ? to email directly ?Just checking i’m new to this thank you for reply . I didn’t include the POST ID in the postcard…will it be recorded ?

Yes, the messages sent via the main site goes directly to the email account.

If you forgot the ID (US-123456 for instance), the receiver might have to ask for help via the request help form. But you can send them a message with the ID.
If you sent a swap, it doesn’t have an ID, and it’s sufficient writing your username and “private swap”, and then the receiver can send you a private message when the postcard arrives.

Thank you Norway Girl! .Will try that and see .