How many postcards do you keep 'in stock'?

I really don’t want to start counting, so I’m doing a little estimation here… three big boxes and some additional postcard boxes… maybe around 2000?

4 Likes

I haven’t counted, but I currently have maybe 30 at the moment. Seems like a lot to me when I look at the stack, but so little in comparison to some of the people on this thread, haha!
I have a little over 30 on the way though. My partner told me the other day that I am hoarding postcards and need to send more. I told him that some people on this site have thousands, he couldn’t believe it :smiley:

Edit: I just counted and I actually have 55 at the moment.

3 Likes

Same. I have like a hundred and I was thinking ‘wow I should send some of these before buying more I should stop’ and then I see Cassiopheia, Beat, and ned44440 with literally thousands :star_struck:

3 Likes

After reading this thread I had to count mine because I was curious about my travelling companions (I basically moved to another country with only clothes, laptop and postcards, so… :sweat_smile:).

I have 712 in stock. I bought some here, but then I send few to other people, so that’s pretty much what I’ve brought with me. Now I realised I don’t need to buy more for a while. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I have maybe 20 for sending. My personal stash is a couple hundred.

3 Likes

I don’t know exactly.
I have around 12,000 photos at Flickr, but this contains also my received cards.
And I’m not sure if I add a photo to more than one album if then it counts two or more times :thinking:
If not, then…well…gulp…for sure more than 6,000 cards :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I have to count tomorrow :flushed:

6 Likes

10-15 right now… It’s really difficult to find postcards where I live and considering I’m broke/ I can’t do monetary transactions, this is all that I have now…
I intend to stack up more in the future though🤞

4 Likes

Are you still counting? :wink:

6 Likes

:sweat_smile: Somehow - yes.

Infact I must count them by hand I fear…
I calculated all the numbers from my swap albums on Flickr, but…there are of course cards which I have 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. - and so I have to browse picture by picture.

1 Like

That is why I asked! :blush:

I have like 100 cards in stock and I was like WHY DID I BUY SO MANY CARDS OMG a week ago. Then I read the replies here and wow you guys… :clap: :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

Oh my 550-card-stock seems perfectly normal then. :sweat_smile: :clap:

6 Likes

I’ve got about 600 cards in boxes with index cards for immediate use. I think the categories are People; Science; England; Art, film and literature; Sport; History; Christmas; Pin ups and Other. I’ve also got another 600 bagged up and waiting, these are mostly PHQ and stuff from postcard boxes. In addition to these, I’ve got a some vintage postcard books and larger cards on the side, maybe around 100 cards.

3 Likes

So at least 1300.

1 Like

I only counted how many different cards I have… I’m too lazy to count the real number (and somehow this question is more about how many options one have, right?)

1 Like

+-2,500. One day I visited an antique store that was selling off all their possessions and made an offer on their remaining stock of postcards, it happened to be over 2,000. The price per card came to 7 cents per card, most of them were meant to sell for $3. Some up to $18. I could give a damn what they “could of” sold for. The real prize was the “real photo postcards” which are one of kind postcards printed on postcard stock from a camera. One could write the place with a silver/white pen.

More than anything it has given me the vehicle to send a one of kind antique postcards and to the postcrossers address that I receive. Of course I buy all sorts of postcards too, which makes me an addict. Besides food, postcards are the only thing I buy carte blanche without feeling too bad about and that’s coming from a minimalist.

6 Likes

You’re right. I’m also too lazy to be honest. I have 2,900 single cards and I think for about half of them I have at least two or more. So 6,000 was a good number I guess.

1 Like

Are your cards received only or will they be sent out? What kind of postcards would you like to collect? I draw all my postcards myself. As a person who only received less than 500 postcards, I have about 100 of them. It’s going to be sent out. (I’m very sorry, my English is not very good, maybe it’s a little difficult to express)

I think this is about postcards to send out.

2 Likes

Wow guys, I am just a student so I have only those I have bought. Right now, I am almost out of postcards as no shop has postcards in my town and I get em when I’m in the capital city or at little trips and vacation XD. So yeah, I hope I’ll have a bigger stock at the future XD

1 Like