How do you store or display your postcards?

i store my postcards in these big albums, not for category but for size, chronologically

56 Likes

I display them in this cool frame that I bought in Ikea, and when I receive a new one, I take the oldest one from the frame and put it in my postcard box (Although when I receive a card I really really like, I keep it on the frame for a bit longer). I have three separate postcard boxes: One for postcrossing, one for the postcards from my family and friends, and one for christmas cards.

64 Likes

On of my favourite postcards is on permanent display on my wall. And now I do also display the Christmas (post)cards I’ve received.

14 Likes

I use the classic twine and clothespins (mini in this case) on my living room wall, just above the TV so I can always see them. They bring great joy to my day. Sometime the stamps are better than the front, so I show the back. Also if the message is particularly poignant or the message side is well designed, I’ll show that side instead of the front. I just love Postcrossing!

32 Likes

I use these plastic boxes. Cards are sorted by type (single view, multi-view, art, etc)

Larger cards go into a magazine box.

65 Likes

My ‘To Send’ cards are stored in a postcard-sized box with handmade dividers to separate each set of cards. I organize them by the box/set that the cards are bought in and number them where the postage stamp is so I can easily find them and the recipient doesn’t see the number.

My ‘Received’ cards are stored in the gift card box from my wedding to my ex-husband. It’s a white box with a drawing of Alice from Alice in Wonderland (my wedding theme) with “You’re nothing but a pack of cards” written around the lid.

I also digitally store all my postcards on Google Photos.

24 Likes

my most recent cards are hanging on a door in my living room

my christmas cards always get a special place, they hang there for a month or two

and then all my other cards are the box you can see in the photo above. it’s only half filled with cards so i can go on for a little bit :innocent:

oh and my coffee cards are all in my kitchen of course.

65 Likes

Did you at least bring all your postcards?

I only have 19 postcards. I put a sting above the TV and use little colorful pegs to hang postcards there. Around 11-12 fit there so I’m not in need of another solution for the ones that are not hung up any more.

2 Likes

Love to see how you all store your cards! I don’t have many Postcrossings cards yet, but after I started Postcrossing I bought a small card mill to display my cards. Not only Postcrossing cards, but also from friends, penpals and birthdaycards are in there…

61 Likes

I’ve been collecting for quite some time now and got bored of stacking my postcards into an album. Now I stick them onto my bedroom wall, so I can see them all at once.

If anyone wonders what I’m using to stick them - it’s adhesive gum and it doesn’t damage the wall, but you have to be careful when putting it on paper.

222 Likes

I love your wall so much! And your duvet cover/bed spread, and the shape of the roof :blush: looks so cozy!

7 Likes

I really like this idea. How many cards is that? Does it wreck the postcard if you remove it?

Oh. My. Gods. WHOA! THAT IS SO COOL!

2 Likes

Around 500, I think. I forgot to count them at first and now there are so many that I lose count, haha.

You just have to be careful when unsticking them and don’t rip the gum. Gently roll a piece of unused gum on a paper and the gum on it should connect to the one you’re holding. So far, I haven’t damaged any of them.

6 Likes

I love this where did you purchase?

Thanks

Aishling

Most of mine are in a box, but I also display some of the most extra special ones on my wall. :heart::sparkles:

62 Likes

I’m going to get some boxes like this. I also plan on displaying certain types of cards in different areas of my apartment in different areas. For example ones I bought on vacation myself in one place, ones friends sent, favorites from strangers on postcrossing, sorting some by subject.

1 Like

That’s great! I’d be worried about damaging the message and stamp on back.

Those plastic postcard protectors would be another good idea before mounting on a wall.

Im looking for some advice or ideas on stoarge and displaying the post cards as a new hobby. Would love to hear what you come up with. My idea is to keep post cards in a photo album. But wanting other ideas maybe how to best displaying them in the home for all my friends and family to see as well. Please help. Thank you!

5 Likes