How do you store or display your postcards?

Hi

welcome to the new forum

well the exclusive version would be those wodden chests for file cards , which are about the size of a postcard

the economy version is take a box from normal shoes that also fits more or less :wink:

Cheers
Ulrich

3 Likes

I’m really hoping to see some good suggestions, I just keep the postcards in an overstuffed envelope (aside from the ones on my fridge). Someone suggested a photoalbum, but that doesn’t work with a lot of postcards I receive :confused:.

2 Likes

there is already a topic about storing postcards, there are some great ideas. you might want to have a look here.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the replies. Started putting up my cards on display. Just going to tape them up on my walls. Cant wait to recieve and even send more! I am Making some personized postcards for you all!

Happy postcarding everyone!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @ktaylorrose

@VilhelmR have you considered using a three ring binder and plastic sleeves to make your own album?
I place one or two on each page and can see front and back.
I measure out each card so they all fit no matter the size, and I just use regular paper since they’ll be in a plastic protector.
If you’re interested I could definitely show you. It’s not hard at all I use scissors and that’s all you need.

4 Likes

I’ve PM’d you to continue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was pinning countries I received postcards from on a large wall map, but it became overcrowded. I decided to use a photo box and made colorful dividers. Less space usage and easy access.

90 Likes

This looks great :blush: :+1:

Kanerva, die you make this display yourself ? It looks pretty good. !!

1 Like

TY. It’s a photo box I found and just used card stock to make the dividers and a labeler for the stickers. Simple and easy.

3 Likes

TY very easy and simple and a space saver.

2 Likes

I really like this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Card rack? It was made decades ago by a local carpenter and originally used as a recipe card rack in a shop. It was no longer needed so I got it. I removed the extra nails (recipe cards were pierced), then crocheted ribbons (ladder-shaped), so I could use pegs for cards.

1 Like

I display the cards I’ve received most recently on my desk. After some time I store them in one of my IKEA’s Samla boxes. But I’m not quite happy with the boxes. Maybe I’ll start collecting them in an album too.

12 Likes

I suggest a storage ottoman! What about Rubbermaid storage bins?

Thanks for haring this with me. I really like it because It is made from Wood , I guess.
It looks warm.

I made a frame

43 Likes

Because I like to be creative, I make my own album to store my card cards using a business file which I cut to the size of the card, as well as the plastic to put the card in.
For the official card album, I don’t differentiate by theme but I put them in order according to the date of arrival.
For cards from direct swap, give away or lottery, I separate them based on theme and album and I differentiate between album colors.
For my blank stock card, there is no special album, I just put it in a plastic file and I sort it by theme.
More simple and don’t need a larger space coz i dont have a larger room for keep my collection and easier for me to clean and maintain my album

:grin::joy:

13 Likes

Brilliant! :+1::heart_eyes:

Currently I keep the majority of my postcards in a box, and a few that share a theme on a blue-painted memo board above my desk.

One day I would love to have a coffee table with a glass top, underneath which I would place a variety of my postcards. And when I wanted a different arrangement or different colours, I’d just lift up the glass and refresh the collection. :slightly_smiling_face:

In the meantime, I’ve just spotted this map gift box that I think will be great for holding postcards:

6 Likes