How do you store or display your postcards?

I love your toast rack idea! Not common in Canada. I’ll keep an eye out at yard sales and second hand shops.

1 Like

How do you store all the postcards you receive? All of mine still fit in one shoebox, but the collection may not fit much longer. Does anyone have a box style or brand that they really like for storing postcards?

Welcome to the forum!

We already have a topic where we talk about this:

(@bille)

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

I had every intention of putting mine in albums in chronological order. I number and date each card and they were stacking up waiting for me to organise. My husband found this suitcase and I love it. Now I just throw cards in and when I want to reminisce it’s like a lucky dip! It’s great!

19 Likes

We hang ours on a wire I have zig zagged across a wall at the bottom of a staircase. Its crowded in there so we try to limit to only one card per country! A few have more than one, but we whenever we receive from a new country we take one of the duplicates down. The rest we store in a binder like many users here!

Having them on the wall and rotating them periodically has been a great way to teach our kids about the world!

(note the one that is blurred out is because I have that one hung address side out because we love the stamp!)

13 Likes

I started showing off my cards by sticking them to my wardrobe and most of the doors of the flat :joy: I rotate them as well, all the rest are hidden in a box :frowning:

13 Likes

I store most of my collections as well as my sales stock in photo storage boxes about 10.5 X15cm (4X6). The Unwritten cards I insert into plastic, archival-safe sleeves. Twelve of these boxes (my cities collection) are divided by alphabetical index inserts. So city names beginning with “F” go behind the “F” insert. Of course, you can buy blank, tabbed inserts. These are useful for indexing by topics such as Birds, Maps, etc.

I haven’t posted here in a long time. Since then my postcards have found their way into almost every room of the house

The living room

The office

The kitchen

My bedroom

And I’m seriously considering putting this one in the bathroom :joy:

I love my postcards! The rest I put in an album in sleeves so I can see the front & back

37 Likes

I love the notes section of you album. I have mine in an album too but always hate that I can only display one side or the other. This is a great idea. I’ll have to find some with the notes sections.:heart:

Wow there are so many great ideas here for organizing and displaying! Love it.

1 Like

Hi all,
Does anyone have a creative or clever way of displaying their postcard collection (s) or decorating with them?
At one point, I just had an entire wall of my living room covered with them, but I’d like to know other ways to show off my collection…

1 Like

I currently have the first couple of hundred in scrapbooks - the last several hundred are languishing in boxes, but in the process of scanning them all to free up the physical cards for trade :black_heart:

Do you use a photo or scrapbooking album? Or a particular kind of box?

Can anyone point me to brands (preferably can be purchased in the US) of page-by-page albums, or sturdy boxes, that can hold most sizes of “regular” cards? Or even a search keyword (should I just be searching for A6 albums?)?

Right now I’m working with shoeboxes and they just aren’t tidy enough!

3 Likes
4 Likes

I am new to postcard trading so I keep my postcards in an old lunch box from my childhood. It’s an old Eddie Bauer tin lunchbox. I used to keep all my cards in this box but I have moved those old cards to a photo box that you can find at a craft store like Michael’s or store like Marshall’s.

1 Like

My favorite ones or ones that would make a fun writing prompt get taped in my journal. One piece of tape on each side of the card so I can still see both sides. The rest go in a box for now but I’m looking to get a couple albums for them.

6 Likes

I’m only new to all this and haven’t received any cards yet lol… I know it will take time to have received so much to have to worry about how to store them lol… but for now I am thinking, I have very plain walls in my bedroom (house share), so I’m gonna put some string on the 2 long walls and get some tiny pegs and put the cards I’ll receive on that string and when it gets to much I’ll start storing them in a shoe box :smiley:

7 Likes

Very recent ones goes to here:

Older ones here ( board still on floor since we havent figured out where to put it :joy:) some of these might later goes to fridge or my art wall)

And ultimate favourites will goes to above my art place.

Also some favourites on fridge door.

19 Likes

I have Them in a Album, but I wanna put some on My Walls. Maybe the newest of My favourite ones.