How do you store or display your postcards?

I love your postcard display but I’m here to comment on how beautiful your Pilea is! :heart_eyes: I can never get mine to grow that much, the bigger leaves always end up falling off

1 Like

Right now it is in box along with other non Postcrossing cards.

4 Likes

I bought this display for some of my favorite postcards.

14 Likes

What a very cool black puzzle of the world. I :heart: how you display your :love_letter::love_letter::love_letter: Where did you buy your puzzle from please?

Hello!
Thanks for contributing!
May you explain to me how you created this wooden ‘‘library’’?
Thank you so much.
Anna from Greece!
Καλή Χρονιά!

A local carpenter originally made the rack in order to display recipe cards in a grocery store. (Shops had such promotional recipe cards for customers ages ago). When it was no longer needed, I got it. I removed most of the nails (recipe cards were pierced and different size than postcards) and crocheted “ladder” ribbons to each side of the rack, so I can attach cards to them with pegs.

1 Like

Thank you !
I have a person I know carpenter in my village.Since I live here now, ( Ancient Olympia, Pelopio, Greece) I will ask for it…and explain your design!
And I ll tell him, to be open behind so that I can rotate them and watch the opposite side.Which is the handwritten part and it’s a postcard too.
! A unique one!
I Collect all the light of Greece and send it back to you :slight_smile: Happy day!

1 Like

I stumbled on this NPR article about a postcard collector, and was just in love with his heavy filling cabinets, overflowing with postcards!

I wish I had a wall like this! :heart_eyes:

35 Likes

That is really impressive on the first look. But I think there comes the point, when your stock is overwhelming you and in the end you lost the overall view.

1 Like

It’s my thing too ^^ I would love to have an archive like this :smiley:
Space we need more space :wink:

2 Likes

Plus, I would never have the patience for categorizing postcards so carefully and in such detail… Life is too short! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I have four wooden boxes designed for file cards for my unwritten cards. (The space isn’t enough anymore. :see_no_evil:)

My recieved cards are stored in glossy cardboard storage boxes by Leitz.

26 Likes

My partner gave me this fun kangaroo for Christmas, it’s made out of leather and it’s mouth is the perfect place for me to store my written postcards until I take them to the mailbox :joy: I thought you’d all appreciate it.

32 Likes

Real fun is using this cards and sticking stamps and sending to make someone’s day:)
And yes, we need more space for postcards, haha

2 Likes

Wow, thats like a pharmacist :smile:

In a postcard album. :grin:

one picture removed by moderator
please don’t make the backsides of cards public without covering personal data like addresses, names, IDs and the written text

4 Likes

I use one of those too! I don’t have any Postcrossing cards yet, though. All of mine are sent by family/friends/myself from vacation, so it’s super important to me that I can flip through them and easily read the message as well. I also got one for my mother, and she sometimes slides in other little 2-sided paper memorabilia like ticket stubs with hers.

Before this they lived in a Nike shoebox in my closet haha.

2 Likes

I am storing all my cards in binders with the insert pages that everyone uses. I put on my bio asking people to write the cards for my two young daughters who are currently 2.5 years old and almost 1 year old and I have asked people to write advice for them or sayings/ proverbs from their countries. I am labeling them by the year and have just filled my first binder. Will show my girls all the cards when they are older and will hopefully have quite a few by then!

4 Likes

The postcards i am going to send; when i receive them i use an album :smile:

3 Likes

For when I receive postcards (I haven’t yet because Im new to postcrossing) Im gonna put them up on a grid wall I bought along with some cute art prints to make it look all nice🌿