How do you store or display your postcards?

But don’t all postcards are 10x15. On the other hand, you can keep them in other place

I dont have that many postcards at the moment (none of these are from postcrossing, I just signed up this month) so I just have them on a corkboard in my bedroom!

22 Likes

I store my 200+ postcard collection in a plastic tub, then I organize them by country with these little sticky note tabs.

22 Likes

Hi, Having tried the binders with photo sleeves and also IKEA boxes with dividers (but can’t get the right size anymore) my latest approach is mailing boxes. The down side is that the cards are lying down as opposed to the boxes with dividers option, but the upside is that they are so compact, cheap to purchase (buy in bulk on ebay), can be stacked and if they wear out are recyclable.
Regards Bill

11 Likes

I have a similar problem with IKEA boxes. It’s a shame that they regularly discontinue their products.

There are some nice storage ideas in this thread! :slight_smile:

I keep my received postcards in a shoe box, on which I glued used stamps so the box looks neater in the bookshelf which is hanging on the wall. (On the lower shelf you can also see the small metal case in which I keep my mint stamps…). My received cards are roughly sorted by theme and as of view cards by country/region.

As of blank cards - I keep these along with some other stationary (such as letter writing paper, stickers, washi, rubber stamps…) in a big plastic box which I keep in another bookshelf:

It is not very fancy but serves its purpose and is quite handy when moving to another flat or something.

36 Likes

I use a photo-album to store the cards I have received (with tape on one side, so I can read the other side)

And my new cards for sending are in an IKEA box:

6 Likes

Mine are displayed on the fridge and on my bookshelves :slight_smile:

I started with displaying my favourites on the magnetic board in the dining room. Now we work from home I used them to decorate my ‘office’ room

10 Likes

I spray painted a box bright blue for my postcards and put cool stickers on it but now my letters won’t fit in a folder so they will be going in the blue box and I’ve got a new box for the postcards which I will spray paint pink

Wow! Really enjoyed this thread. I spread Postcrossing to my students and their mom’s always coming back to me asking for ways to organize them, I recommended the below method like most of you guys.

Looking forward to seeing more and interesting ways to store and organize them.

Thank you, friends.

1 Like

I’ve just done the same thing! I have 2 ice-cream containers full of world stamps and have been waiting to use them for ages, it was just finding the right project.

We have gone back into lockdown so its been a nice calm project to get on with. I have used the shoe box for a while but it was boring, much happier with the jazzed up version

46 Likes

Love both of those displays :heart_eyes:

1 Like

wow, I didn’t expect to inspire anyone with decorating a shoebox with used stamps! Your version looks really neatly made! :slight_smile:

To be honest, my shoebox-decoration was a quarantaine/lockdown-activity just like yours. :wink: :smile:

2 Likes

I keep the received postcards in a little wooden box, but the collection is about to outgrow it! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I made this for the kitchen

And all my new cards stay there for a while… The rest is in a box, but I’m thinking about how to sort them…

21 Likes

up to the wall,must be a fantastic idea!!!

I like to put them up on a wall. But that is full now :sweat_smile: I have to still convince my significant other to let me put some more on an other wall. The rest is sortet by I want to hang them up (currently on a stack on a window sill) and I don’t like to look at that much (in a nice memory box to be pulled out occasionally)
The wall looks like this:

56 Likes

@Mali7002
Check this out.

I keep some of them in a shoebox together with letters. But I put my favorites on the wall in front of my table, so I can always see them. I’m an art student, so it kinda inspires me to draw more and also gives me ideas.

2 Likes