How do you organise your postcrossing things?

Here’s my postcard and my penpal letter :slight_smile:
The red box fill with washi tape, the purple blank postcard the the white box is the postcard that I collect❤

5 Likes

Right now I don’t have a huge stash of blank cards, so I keep them in this pretty box! (I have a similar one for received cards/penpal letters.) I also keep my Canada-specific cards in a separate little baggie, so I can find them easily. I was just gifted a bunch of lovely stickers so they live in a lil box now, and stamps go in an envelope in the postcard box.

I keep addresses, plus swap and tag info, in the brown notebook. Normally all of this lives on my desk, but I was writing cards while my fiancée and I watched a movie last night so it’s on the coffee table :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I use boxes in which I received gifts or purchases. It’s an ecological idea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
But I have no idea how I will organize it when there will be more and more postcards and stamps :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

I keep blank postcards in the colorful boxes.

My washi tape and wax seals box.

Inside of the postcards box.

I keep the postcard I received from Postcrossers in the files.

19 Likes

I keep my blank postcards in the long drawers (filed according to subjects). The small drawer houses my postage stamps, rubber stamps, paint markers, stickers and everything else needed for Postcrossing.

49 Likes

I actually am using a Coach Tote to hold all my postcards, stamps and stickers. I bought a photo album from a thrift store to hold the postcards I have received, unfortunately they don’t fit, so I’m trying to come up with something crafty to hold them all

2 Likes

I have two little boxes for my blank postcards and a chest of drawers for my stamps, stickers and cutouts.

I’ve upload a video to my YouTube channel to show how I organize all my Postcrossing stuff.

10 Likes

Hi! I have a postcrosser corner in the kitchen. There are two boxes with blank postcards, two boxes with stamps - artistic and standard. Previously, these boxes were from tea bags. A box with an office, decorative tape and stickers and a box with the received postcards. I love my “box corner”)

36 Likes

I have an album for the postcards that i got and sometimes i put them on my wall

I have a box for stickers, a box for cards that i can send, I’ve got a lot of boxes😅

3 Likes

I picked up a new organizer for my stamps a few weeks ago, and today I got a new container for my blank postcards. Everything’s been re-organized and it’s much tidier now :grin:

The new clear bin (with a cute pink lid) for my stash, plus my stamps on top. They’re in a hard plastic envelope with dividers, vaguely organized by denomination and theme.

A top view of my stash. The brown envelope has stickers in it, and the baggie next to it has my Canadian-themed cards. Then my postcard books, and all the loose cards!
The black box on the left/top used to have D&D postcards in it, but I emptied them into the rest of my stash so it can hold my washi tape! I’m very pleased that everything fit :grin:

And finally, moving my stash into the plastic bin freed up a pretty box for incoming letters and postcards! I was using one box for both, but it was starting to get full. Separating the two gives me a lot more space.

16 Likes

Ahhh! What a wonderful idea! A few months ago my husband received a similar box of Japanese cookies with many little slots … If I had seen this sooner I would have been inspired to keep the box!

12 Likes

Hi Postcrossers, I’m looking for some tips on how to organize postcards that are meant to be sent out. Right now I’ve just put them in a box. I then spend a lot of time sorting through each one to figure out which one to send.

How do you have your postcards organized (if at all) before you write on them and send them out? Any tips from those with more experience at this appreciated.

5 Likes

I have put everything in a box similar to you. But, I have sorted them by themes and put all cards of a certain theme in a plastic sleeve. It still takes some time to find the right sleeve, but at least they don’t get mixed completely. I am sure people with thousands of cards will show us the more effective ways :slight_smile:

Some of them won’t fit inside plastic, so I put them just in front of their sleeve. It took me 8 months to come up with this idea, before that I had them all over the place and spent more time finding the card than writing it :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes: .

Also, since I can’t remember every card, I have a digital album for each theme - Manish | Zonerama.com

13 Likes

Wow thats pretty neat. I never thought of a plastic sleeve, that might be an interesting idea to try out. Thanks for saving me 8 months to figure this out! LOL

1 Like

For more inspiration you can browse this topic:

You see me reporting on how I store my cards in a drawer that’s half filed with plastic sleeves used for administration…well…a year later the drawer is now fully filled with cards and washi tapes :rofl:

6 Likes

Lol. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

#goals

Love your collection!

1 Like

Ohhhhh my -we have a GOOD problem-
I joined early may of this year. I had to find a storage container for my supplies/stash. Found this leather bench, so far I can keep everything here and retrieve supplies when needed .

As I print the majority of my cards, It looks like a lot more than it is… as I order multiples of each design.

The cards I receive each has its own album for your country. I obtained all these minis for 4.00 total Canadian - that is a bargain :wink:

The tins are one for my stamps the other stickers.

I can’t tell you what this connection means… i thought travels were all behind me…. But your cards and notes keeps me so interested in you and you and you… I want to experience more adventure and all THIS because a shy boy wanted some postcards and a lady joined him on this unique old fashion project of :heart:.

Love seeing your stash, thank you!

peg)

13 Likes

Gosh I had no idea what washi tape was until I came here, I now have a box full…ok not full…lol your cabinet is totally grand find…love it

2 Likes

Looks perfect!!!

1 Like