How do you manage to write more text on a postcard?

I’m quite new at this and I’ve learned when you send a postcard internationally the stamp is pretty big and the you have to put the air mail stamp on there. My thing is how are y’all making y’all cards pretty even sending to the USA here after you put stickers and stuff there really no room to write anything. My hand writing can get kind of messy with my mid age arthritis. Can I see your postcard for ideas.

@anon56117570 - you might get some ideas here:

Lots of amazing pictures to spark your creativity :blush:

2 Likes

Oh thank you so much.

What do you mean by air mail stamp? You have to only put stamps in the correct postage rate - international forever stamp or any other stamps adding up to $1.45 currently for sending internationally

2 Likes

It’s a blue stamp that says air mail that my post office makes me put on my postcard

Like this

@anon56117570 - you don’t need those for mail sent from the USA. Those stickers say “Royal Mail” so they wouldn’t be used by the USPS at any point (?)

Here’s a short thread about how air mail stickers aren’t needed for mail sent from the US:

It lie that but says air mail on them sorry I posted wrong picture

I was told the same at the post office too

@SilverHare Surprisingly, there is indeed an instruction on USPS website, that for international first-class mail either a laber or written “AIRMAIL/PAR AVION” should appear on the address side (link, link).

@Angeldreamer works for the USPS :slightly_smiling_face:

The lady at the post office told me it had to go on it

Based on the USPS website I linked above, you can only write it under the address to save the space and not put the sticker on.
I have never used the stickers and no postal worker required me to put them on :woman_shrugging:

Next time I send one out I’m going to do this and see what happens. Thank you

the USA does not require airmail stickers…but the receiving country might need it to ensure that it travels past the port of entry in the fastest manner. I have not encountered the need tho and have sent well over 1000 cards, most getting to their locations within a few weeks.

2 Likes

I’ve never put one of those on my postcards. I’ve only been doing this a month, but my international cards have arrived safely so far in both the Netherlands and 2 to Germany.

Well that’s good to know. Thank you

I havent seen those stickers on US mail in decades…if you have sheets of them they are collectible, and some postcrossers would enjoy getting a few!

I never use any decorative stickers or washi tape…just the proper postage, address, and my message. I do print out an address if its in China, but only in Times Roman 14 font

1 Like

Oh I have some and can get more :rofl: the first postcard I was able to send out was from china and nothing really on the profile. I wish i could’ve got another person. Just seem odd tho.

I have no idea about the rules in the USA but here there is a thickness limit for postcards too, it only can be 5mm thick.

1 Like

I always wonder why you go to the post office to mail a card?! Why not put it in the mailbox?

1 Like