How do you manage to write more text on a postcard?

That is super creative! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I love how your country has a Postcrossing stamp! I wish the U.S. had one!

3 Likes

It worked! :star_struck: The postcard with the small envelope on the back arrived at the recipient without any problems! This is fantastic and gives me completely new possibilities for the future when I have something more to report and want to put more text on the postcard.

I hope this experience helps someone else too!

5 Likes

My writing adventure from last year, in total there were 25 cards in this round of sending. I managed to write only 4-5 cards max per day:

19 Likes

I wonder if this would work in the USA, there is a thickness limit for postcards

USPS Postcard Size

To qualify as a postcard, a mail piece must be rectangular and meet these dimensions: At least 3-1/2” high X 5” long X 0.007” thick. No more than 4-1/4” high X 6” long X 0.016” thick. Have finished corners that do not ex USPS Postcard Size

although i havent used this technique specifically for writing more text in a card, i have covered the front with a piece of paper secured with washi tape on occasion to:

1. to protect the front of the postcard from being damaged by usps processing machinery (as some prefer not to receive envelopes)
  2. or use as a small pocket to include bonus things like used stamps or stickers
  3. or add a return address without sacrificing writing space (as described here)

and it has worked out successfully when sending from my USA location :slightly_smiling_face: just make sure the addition is secured from all sides (so it doesnt get caught in mail processing machines) and isnt too bulky feeling or heavy

i love a good fully written postcard so i may try this technique so i can write more haha.

5 Likes

Thank you. Might have to try it. I always run out of room! :joy:

I’m quite new at this and I’ve learned when you send a postcard internationally the stamp is pretty big and the you have to put the air mail stamp on there. My thing is how are y’all making y’all cards pretty even sending to the USA here after you put stickers and stuff there really no room to write anything. My hand writing can get kind of messy with my mid age arthritis. Can I see your postcard for ideas.

@anon56117570 - you might get some ideas here:

Lots of amazing pictures to spark your creativity :blush:

2 Likes

Oh thank you so much.

What do you mean by air mail stamp? You have to only put stamps in the correct postage rate - international forever stamp or any other stamps adding up to $1.45 currently for sending internationally

2 Likes

It’s a blue stamp that says air mail that my post office makes me put on my postcard

Like this

@anon56117570 - you don’t need those for mail sent from the USA. Those stickers say “Royal Mail” so they wouldn’t be used by the USPS at any point (?)

Here’s a short thread about how air mail stickers aren’t needed for mail sent from the US:

It lie that but says air mail on them sorry I posted wrong picture

I was told the same at the post office too

@SilverHare Surprisingly, there is indeed an instruction on USPS website, that for international first-class mail either a laber or written “AIRMAIL/PAR AVION” should appear on the address side (link, link).

@Angeldreamer works for the USPS :slightly_smiling_face:

The lady at the post office told me it had to go on it

Based on the USPS website I linked above, you can only write it under the address to save the space and not put the sticker on.
I have never used the stickers and no postal worker required me to put them on :woman_shrugging:

Next time I send one out I’m going to do this and see what happens. Thank you