How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

I noticed that about 30,000 addresses were requested in the US between 9/30 and 10/3!

3 Likes

We celebrate the World Post Day here in Discovery Book Place, KK Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.

20 Likes

Another WPD postcard arrived in my mailbox today! 3 WPD cards and all are different! I wonder how long this luck will last?!

15 Likes

So far I have received this one. Very nice!

5 Likes

My WPD cards are still making their way to me (yes late but I only made an order recently)
I’ll be happy to be sending them out once they’ve reached.

Meanwhile I’m waiting patiently for the cards I sent out on the 1st to be registered.

3 Likes

Hello :wave:t2: I saved up addresses for Wpd and now my last card has arrived in Canada :canada:

I have received 5 official Wpd cards till now :heart_eyes: and beauties from India :india: and USA :us:

Thank you :pray: @akhilpreeti @tracykinal @ohhsayy @Jan_Champ

:heavy_heart_exclamation::memo::postal_horn::love_letter::postbox::balloon:

14 Likes

Wow Anke! That’s awesome!!

I haven’t received any WPD cards here yet, nor have any of mine arrived yet :rofl:. Well, that’s not strictly true. Two unofficial cards that I sent within Australia, did arrive at their destinations late this week. But none of my official WPD cards have arrived yet. One day…! :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Well it’s the gesture that matters, unofficial cards also count @Tinkatutu ! No card discrimination :rofl:

3 Likes

Woohoo! One of the cards I sent on WPD was registered today. Mind you…it was one that went to Japan. It got there quicker than another card that I sent on the same day to an Australian address!!! :crazy_face:

11 Likes

That’s a fantastic card !! :star_struck:

1 Like

I sent 5 cards on WPD. But I don’t receive “Hurray!” message yet. So I checked website. ….Oh, no wonder. All person I sent the cards don’t login over weeks! It was a sad thing.

8 Likes

One of them is bound to receive and register your card soon! That would be a lot of bad luck that none of them arrived/were registered. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

But two postcards arrived

You saw my profile. Thanks.

Thanks. Some of my postcrossing pals had similar experience.
Probably there are some “ghostcrosser” who login only on WPD.

Sadly I was swayed by forum comments from members who didnt want to send or receive any official cards on Oct 1st, so I only drew 2 addresses and gave the rest of my WPD cards away. However the official recipients were happy with the ones I sent, so next year I’ll ignore the naysayers!

8 Likes

I did similarly, @Izzy2018 ! And regretting it a little now, as so many people clearly are perfectly happy to receive them. But I’m reserving the rest of mine for very new Postcrossers who may have missed out on the chance to get one. So it’s still good :blush:

P.S. I hope I receive at least one myself. I still think it’s an utterly gorgeous design, and it would be so nice to get a written one :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m absolutely hoping to receive at least one of tte official design through the mail. It’s gorgeous!! There’s still plenty of time too. I received four blanks from a fellow Aussie Postcrosser :heart:. And I’ve only sent one out so far. Maybe if we don’t eventually receive one each officially, we could organise a private swap @doryfera?

1 Like

It’s a deal, @Tinkatutu :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tinkatutu, by some weird coincidence, about an hour after I typed my entry, I received my first WPD 2022 postcard. So my wish has been granted :wink:

But! If after a little while you still haven’t receive a card of your own, please message me. I will be delighted to send you one from Canada, with nice stamps and all :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes