How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

these are my postcards drawn in Egypt for 7 lucky people. I hope they will like it. :beach_umbrella::sun_with_face::palm_tree::palm_tree:

23 Likes

Ah really cool. I guess some of my sent cards should arrive tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Such beautiful cards Lenka! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I wanted to make sure my postcards were postmarked with the October 1st date, it being WPD and all. The drop box at the post office by my work isn’t collected on weekends, so that was out. So I went to the only location that was nearby and open, the Jack D. Watson Post Office in Fort Worth. (It’s only a couple miles from my house, and it gave me a reason to hit the Einstein Bros. Bagels drive thru.)

The staff there were so accommodating. They even let me hand cancel all of my own cards – 28 in total. So if you’re getting a WPD card from me, marvel at the amazing, crisp, clear, accurately-dated cancelation when it arrives!

11 Likes

@kristencat - While I’m reading this forum topic and read the replies one by one. I see your reply. I just return back home and check the 3 postcards that arrived. One of them is yours from 10 countries RR #133. You mailed it on 23 Sept 2022. Such a coincidence reading your reply here and at the same time seeing your card. Thanks. During WPD 2022, I mailed quite a number of unofficial design of Malaysia’s WPD 2022.

11 Likes

Ha. So fun! That is such a cute postcard! Hope your WPD was a great one!

1 Like

I got my badge today! Hurrah! :partying_face:

8 Likes

I received this amazing card in honor of World Postcard Day from @Susaninutah. The small card pulls out of the hand. So fabulous!

16 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing. Such a fun idea :heart_eyes:!

Me too, with just one card sent at all on October, 1st.

2 Likes

Happy badge day Ralf! I’m still waiting on mine. Even though I had a card travelling just within Oz for the 1st October…it still had about 1150 km to travel, and it would appear that our camel trains are taking it easy…and it has not been registered yet :sob:. Soon I hope :crossed_fingers:t2:.

2 Likes

I got my badge today also and I’m over the moon thrilled about it! It was to the first address I pulled that day too.

3 Likes

My four cards on WPD went to Germany, so still waiting! I registered 6 cards sent in WPD in the last 3 days…so you’re welcome everyone! :joy:

5 Likes

I’m suuuper amused - I received the “official” card design four times now, so I can celebrate WPD again and again… Any bets on how many are still on their way to me? XD

3 Likes

I haven’t received any WPD postcards yet but I look forward to them! I can’t wait to see how many of them I get. Maybe 10? :rofl:

2 Likes

Loving all the different WPD designs I’ve received but find it amusing that I’ve received the official design 6 times in 3 different sizes! :smile:

4 Likes

I’m thinking this should be a kind of competition: the prize goes to the one who receives the most WPD cards… :wink:

I’ve also received other designs - once the Papersisters design and once the winner design from last year - and swapped for yet another design which has not arrived yet. Getting all those cards is so much fun!

2 Likes

Me neither. I am slightly worried I won’t get any this year. :frowning:

We gathered in Tokyo to celebrate World Postcard Day and had a meetup over tea time.
It was the first official World Postcard Day meetup in Japan and I was so excited!

We exchanged surprise gifts, stickers, and wasi tapes, and had a lot of discussions.
I was happy to spend a day with my friends talking about writing letters.

You can see the photos at our HP(World Postcard Dayを楽しみました | なでしこ切手倶楽部) Please enjoy this too.

All our cards have sent to the postcrossers in the world.
We hope you receive our cards and enjoy them.

Happy World Postcard Day!

16 Likes

2 WPD postcards arrived in my mailbox today. They were different, which made me happy.
I have more due cards, and it wouldn’t surprise me if I get more WPD cards.

11 Likes