How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

Hi! Happy WPD! Don’t meant to interrupt the current conversation but I tried looking up the answer on previous blogs and not sure it was clear for me yet.

Wanted to clarify how would one get the World Postcard Day badge? Do you request addresses, write the postcards today, send, then when they’re received, the badge will appear? Or do the postcards have to be received exactly today?

I’ve been on a 7 year hiatus and never got a chance to participate during WPD :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

@Izzy2018 Awesome!!! :smiley:

Eh, since we’re sharing: this is mine! XD

WPD an Postcrossing

No hand-cancellation, and I’m afraid it will only be processed on Tuesday (long weekend because of a holiday), but at least I’m sending from Hamburg with a Hamburg stamp, so… I’m trying?!? :laughing:

2 Likes

Germany has a holiday on monday, too, so my cards will wait a bit longer in the mailbox. But at least they not alone, I’m sure the cards throw their own WPD-Party in there! :partying_face: :postbox:

I had already posted some Postcrossing cards, now I’m writing some cards to friends and family. :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly this, though you don’t even have to send them today. You just have to get the address from Postcrossing today.

5 Likes

Thank you for the help! I appreciate it :blush:

1 Like

Today on Saturday and very “beautiful North German Schietwetter” we have a lot of time to participate in the world postcrossing day. We write our fingers to the bone and carry on. Have a great day around the world.

35 Likes

But your handwriting is much nicer than mine!!

1 Like

I wrote 11 cards today. They are in the mailbox already however it will be emptied on Monday. Safe traveling! Happy evening!

25 Likes

I was intrigued by this experiment so I tried my own. I drew an address at 11:25 A.M. then again at 12:25 P.M. and 845 cards had been requested by USA users!

4 Likes

Very cool!! Neat that the numbers are similar. Thank you for sharing :grin:

I just checked the number of travelling cards: almost 400.000!

Of course, not all of these cards are from today, still this is a impressive number :smiley:

7 Likes

More than 40 people at the meet-up today :love_letter:

38 Likes

Maxxed out my slots: 11 official cards written and stamped during my son’s nap. All heading to Germany. Now I need a nap :grin:

20 Likes

I think it’s gone up about 65,000 postcards travelling since this time yesterday!

5 Likes

The cards I’ve written today! I was too eager and I was almost out of stamps. But I’ve scraped them together and soon these cards will be travelling.

16 Likes

What a beautiful assortment! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I co-hosted a meetup in Madrid! 9 people attended and we had a great time together :purple_heart: Postcards were signed, washitape was shared, stamps were traded and above all we had a lot of fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

32 Likes

Great! So many postcrossers and what a beautiful building too! :heart_eyes: Is it the post office?

1 Like

The dachshunds!

1 Like

Sent four postcards to Belgium, Canada and Russia.

7 Likes