How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

You’ve had me scrolling through the UK Postbox Toppers Facebook group this morning, for fun!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Sorry to intrude but will there be a Postcrossing meetup in Milan? Or is it something private?

Hello!
I bought these 2 postcards to send on WPD, waiting for the day❤️

38 Likes

They’re both so beautiful! :heart_eyes:
I love postbox postcards!

3 Likes

me too! thank you :heart:

1 Like
3 Likes

So no official design for WPD this year or do we have to wait longer?

Wait a little longer!
They are elevating the second place to first and finalising, making sure that the artwork is original etc

5 Likes

3 more days.

This is what they wrote in the contest web page:

The results will be announced on this page until August 15th.

4 Likes

The August 15th date was on the WPD website for a while even before publishing the recalled design so I wouldn’t rely on this exact date.

It says until. I think it could be today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or 15th.

2 Likes

Yep! I have already ordered some cards to be made for a friend of mine and myself :relieved::relieved::relieved:

1 Like

Maybe those who have already ordered or printed this design can send the cards as RAS / donation to somewhere else? Like schools, orphanages, hospitals, nursing homes, etc. Who knows, maybe it can make someone smile.

9 Likes

I just saw the new blog post about the new World Postcard Day design. How wonderful!!

Not only do I love a moon theme, but it made my heart happy when I read the author’s message: "Once in a blue moon, the two long lost friends meet and hug each other. Their hundreds of letters and postcards roamed the oceans before they finally met. Now they can say, “till we meet again, my dear friend!”

This is perfect for 2023, because this year we actually have a rare Blue Moon: August 30/31, 2023. Blue Moons occur once every two to three years, according to NASA. :blue_heart: :full_moon:

20 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up @adriennefriend! It’s a beautiful illustration. And thank you for the blue moon info. I’m off to read more about that. WPD will be here before we know it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m impressed with the new version of the postcard. Very beautiful, touches the soul. I want to get this

7 Likes

I’ve already place a large order for my friend and I to share. She’s going to have her daughter’s classmates all write a card, too. We’re so excited!

3 Likes

Congratulations :tada:! I’m considering my first one on that day! All the best.

1 Like

As we enjoy the countdown to World Postcrossing Day - I start to make a list of who to surprise with a 2023 postcard, and print extras to send to ‘non-postcrossers’ around my local municipality. There are so many people who have been intrigued by the offical day, hopefully becoming a part of this fantastic group that we all celebrate.

9 Likes

Not the first time I’ve been punished for being efficient :grimacing::joy::confused:

29 Likes