How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

I wasn’t sure about that - depends what the rules of the contest were. So I’ve looked them up and they clearly state:

" Submitted designs should be **original works "

And they say it, in different ways, three times in the rules. It’s not difficult.

10 Likes

Thanks for pointing it out. It’s tricky.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to WPD and I can’t believe it is almost here again!! I especially love our theme this year, Postal Hugs. I feel like I need more postal hugs just now.

There’s a meet-up being organised here in the ACT…but I’m not sure that I can get to it at this point, which is a shame.

I’ll stop sending postcards in early/mid-September, in order to collect maybe five or six slots to use on WPD. I’d like to have more…but I know there can be issues with address availability, so I’ll keep the number small.

I have a few different cards in mind to use this year. A couple from Julia Swan, some from Papersisters (currently en-route to me) and I’ve also been playing with Illustrator over the last few days and have made a little design of my own. I’m a novice in Illustrator…so my design is pretty novice too. But it makes me smile. I’m not sure if I’ll print it or not yet.

It’s a work in progress…and this is just a photo of the screen because it’s late and I’m tired…

:heart:

37 Likes

I’m excited that you’re excited Jo! Thanks for sharing that!! Will you do anything special on the day?

1 Like

What a huge let down! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think it is a problem if people already place order for printing the card using the design.

5 Likes

I did :confused: I wish these types of issues would have been reviewed prior to release.

7 Likes

I can understand your frustration @KimberlyOR. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
If what @Florallle suggested turns out to be possible, that might maybe be an option for you, too:

2 Likes

I am furiously knitting a WPD themed post box topper (wool crafts that adorn the top of Postboxes in the UK) which will hopefully be ready at the start of the September to drum up interest in WPD in my local area. I plan to take photos, make a postcard and sell it via Facebook to my local community.
Then on the morning of WPD I jet off to Milan for a meetup.
Looking forward to receiving lots of WPD cards through the door!

24 Likes

Very interesting…maybe hopefully the runner up card will be the new winner and that it will…:crossed_fingers:t2: Look better than this “design”

That’s awesome! I cheer you on from the other side of the Canal and hope you can make it in time. If you do, please share the photos, I just love the postbox toppers!
Hope to spot one in real life some day!

7 Likes

If you go ahead and do it, please do document the process with photos! :heart_eyes: I would love to see it and write a little blog post about it! :postbox:

12 Likes

I’m also so keen to see your topper creation Jo! I love the yarn bombing concept, and was involved in one once. So much fun!

In Canberra our Arboretum has a Warm Trees installation in winter, where some of the Tibetan Cedar trees get trunk ‘scarves’ knitted and crocheted for them in bright colours by local groups. I think it’s a really lovely idea. But it’s certainly nothing as intricate as I’ve what I’ve seen as pillarbox toppers. Those are next level!

And I bet you’re excited for a trip to Milan too! That’s awesome. :partying_face:

4 Likes

That would be amazing :star_struck:
This week I’m on holiday, but brought my knitting to make the ‘postcards’ and yet to knit some ‘stamps’

It’s my first one, so a learning experience and not massively complex.

5 Likes

You’ve had me scrolling through the UK Postbox Toppers Facebook group this morning, for fun!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Sorry to intrude but will there be a Postcrossing meetup in Milan? Or is it something private?

Hello!
I bought these 2 postcards to send on WPD, waiting for the day❤️

38 Likes

They’re both so beautiful! :heart_eyes:
I love postbox postcards!

3 Likes

me too! thank you :heart:

1 Like
3 Likes