Holidays in your country

Dear fellow postcrossers,

We made a successful project last year at my school, swapping postcards from different countries. Thank you once again to those, who took part in it.

I am starting up a project with my school children about Holidays around the world. Are you interested in taking part in it? Then send us a postcard of a Holiday you celebrate in your country. It would be nice if it is a day not so common for us in Finland. If you also could tell us a little about how you spend the holiday, the reason for celebration a.s.o, I would appreciate it very much. And the children will love it:)

I will send you a thank you card in return. If you write your address on the card and your postcrossing name, I will do my best to find a card you may like.

Our address is:
Tuula Jurmu,
Yli-Iin koulu,
Karjalantie 15
91200 Yli-Ii,
Finland.

Thanks in advance.

Ps. It doesnā€™t matter whenever during the year the celebration takes place. The Day may already been celebrated this year or is still upcoming in the end of the year. Maybe just some of the people in you country celebrate it too ds

6 Likes

Sending this from India

17 Likes

Wow, Thank you. What is this about?

Postcard is on the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

postcard posted today

1 Like

Ohh - thats so awesome postcard! :heart_eyes: :melting_face:

Iā€™ll send you an ANZAC DAY card :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you. Look forward to receiving itšŸ™‚

Postcard heading your way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sending a card related to Eid from Malaysia :heart:

1 Like

I will send a May Day one from England.

1 Like

This sounds like a great project! Iā€™ll send one of Dia de Muertos (Day of the Dead), that is one of my favorite holidays here in Mexico :grinning:

1 Like

I am going to send you a set of 6 postcards puzzle like over ā€˜sĆ£o Joaoā€™ celebrated at June 24th.
I will send them in an envelope, hope you donā€™t mind. But if you wish them all stamoed I can figure out something from Brazil

1 Like

I will send a couple cards this weekend!

1 Like

Thank you. This will be fine by us. Whichever you prefer to do is fine. Looking forward to receiving it. Have a nice day. Tuula

1 Like

Hi, I will send you a postcard about the Korean holiday this weekend :blush:

1 Like

Hello, Tupu
I have only postcard about June Party
Itā€™s a very old and famous party in all over the country
Mainly in schools at weekends. There is typical food ( paƧoca, hotdog, popcorn, typical sweets, There are jobs for children - fishing small things in sand, and other things. They call it ā€œFesta Juninaā€.
This year there was a car about it! It was the first time!
Iā€™ll send you.
Wilma_suely

1 Like

I will send one about Thanksgiving :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Elisabet,
We received your card last week. So interesting to read about May Day in the UK: I will send you a thank you card.
Happy postcrossing.

1 Like

Thank you Pedi,
We received your card about German Unity Day. Very interesting facts. Sending you a thank you card in return.
Happy postcrossing. Tuula

1 Like