Hoggsfjell nature walk meetup Saturday June 25th 2022 at 11am

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Hoggsfjell, Solbergelva, Drammen
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Lunneplassen parking
:calendar: DATE: Saturday June 25th
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11 am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet at the parking just above Ulverudplassen (Lunneplassen parking ), walk to Hoggsfjell where we will take in the view and brag about our daring exploits to get there.

I hope some of you are ready for a nature walk meetup in my town Drammen! We’ll drive as far as we can and then walk the last little bit up to the mountain Hoggsfjell, which has a great view of Drammen valley and a spectacular last 10 meters to get there, offering terrifying pictures :grinning:

Please bring your postcrossing supplies as well as hiking supplies - a blanket/seat pads to sit on, etc. I trust you know what to bring on a walk! :grinning: There is no shop, roof, seating or other conveniences on this mountain, it’s just a rock with a great view and a spectacular path.

We’ll meet at the parking above Ulverudplassen. If you can offer someone a ride, please mention so in this thread. I recommend driving to the mentioned parking or it’ll be a significantly longer and harder walk.

It’s a short walk of only 3 km (2.55 km according to this map from the Norwegian Mapping Authority) from the nearest parking, but please note - this is a typical forest path and parts of it are really steep. We’re not in a hurry, so will take it easy up there.

The above mentioned last 10 meters of the walk, so you know what you are getting yourself into:

Keep in mind that this is an outdoor meetup in Norway - but postcards and rain don’t mix, so if it rains, we’ll meet in town instead and spend the day indoors :wink: (Or we’ll walk in the rain and write postcards indoors later :sweat_smile:)

There will be meetup cards.

Attendees/interested:
KAS
LeishaCamden
Inger71
baguetta
Tanumine
noodlebamboo
rundstykket
lindalill78

4 Likes

So this is the meetup card, hope you like it:

Prices at Vistaprint have gone up and it came to an even 4 kr per card this time.

Orders:
KAS: 20*
rundstykket: 5*
baguetta: 20*
LeishaCamden: 15*
Inger71: 25*
Tanumine: 2*
Available: 13

Orders design 2:
KAS: 20*
LeishaCamden: 15*
Baguetta: 10*
Inger71: 25*
Tanumine: 2*
Available: 28

*=paid

2 Likes

I’m interested. I love hiking in the nature😊 A bit worried about the steep trail. If I’m going I will drive.

1 Like

That’s great! It’s not thaaaat steep, just making the point that it’s not a flat walk in the park :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, if we want, we can drive all the way up to Damhaugen parking, which would add about 1 km to the walk, but remove 100 metres of altitude and make the walk a lot easier. It’s a toll road up there, so we’d have to pay. But it might be worth it!

1 Like

Great! I’m used to forest paths and sometimes have to use the rope to get up the path/hill. What a great idea, @KAS :blush: Hope it won’t rain.

1 Like

You know I’ll be there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I will probably be able to offer someone a ride, from either Oslo or Sandvika

1 Like

Any news of the meetup card?

Yes! I have several drafts :wink: If the weather cooperates I was hoping to go up there this week to get a better picture of the view. I wasn’t thinking about meetup cards last time I was there, so I don’t have the ideal photo on hand :joy: Hoping to post the card here early next week.

2 Likes

I hiked up here now and it’s a lovely day for pictures :grinning: A 45 min relaxed walk from Lunneplassen parking, 2.3 km.

Will get card done in the next few days. Hiking back to town now!

1 Like

Things to do on a public holiday: meetup card design. Please see this post for info and let me know if you want to order some. Price will as usual depend on total order size.

I take 20 meetup cards😊

1 Like

I would like 15 cards :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The new prices at vistaprint annoy me, but what to do. Cards are ordered now and come to 4 kr per card.

I ordered 100 pieces each of 2 different designs and the price is total price divided by those 200 cards. Not that often we have meetups in Drammen, so I’m paying for and keeping any extras this time :crazy_face:

Feel free to up your orders any time, there are 40 available of the design shown above and 80 available of the 2nd “surprise design” card :joy:

Beautiful card! Can we swap? My cards here - Обмен: Открытки со встреч – 37 Bilder | VK

I want 15 of the surprise design too :smile:

1 Like

Haha great :smile:

I love this card

Thanks, I like it too :innocent: :wink:

1 Like

Can we swap

I take 10 of the surprise cards.

1 Like