Here’s what 3,000 1¢ stamps look like

The Forever international postage from the USA is huge! Im thinking of asking the post office to redesigned the size of the stamp.

Your PO sells maxicards? Can you show me an example? I’m having a hard time visualizing this.

1 Like

Actually, we in the US have 3. There’s the afore mentioned Apple, the Tiffany Lamp - the only one available for small orders - and the $.01 Bobcat that has recently been reprinted.

1 Like

Hi, i found this, which i think is cool. Let me see if i can find their version of maxi postcards

1 Like

@TurtlePoint hi, this i think could classify as maxicards. They’re lovely and colorful :heart_eyes: the best part? They’re made in the USA :us:

1 Like

@bill_dowis_art and @princeofasturias, do y’all participate in the As many stamps as you can fit Tag? I have found that on a standard sized postcard I can fit an orchard of 1¢ apple stamps along with a couple other higher denominations for a total of 18 stamps and still have room for the address.

2 Likes

FYI - this is a stamp dealer, not the USPS. I’m not a stamp collector and these seem to be from the “Postal Buddy” program of vending machines that was cancelled less than 2 years after debut.

1 Like

Ok, we’re just thinking of two different things. I define “maxicards” as postcards that incorporate a matching stamp on the picture side of the postcard, with or without a matching postmark.

I think of the Sanchez cards as “large sized postcards”, in this case 5" X 7".

3 Likes

A mini picture of the larger picture? Definitely, we have two different understanding of maxi cards.
Thank you for the clarification :relaxed:
How started maxicards?

Doesn’t a maxicard have to have an actual stamp on the front that matches the picture on the postcard? I am still a bit confused about them.

2 Likes

From the Wikipedia article on maxicards:

In philately a maximum card (also known as a maxi-card, or maxicard) is a postcard with a postage stamp placed on the picture side of the card where the stamp and card match or are in maximum concordance (similarity).[3][4] The cancellation or postmark is usually related to the image on the front of the card and the stamp.

3 Likes

Well, from the post below, I guess it depends on how you define “maximum concordance”.

This one might be a little closer, same cup, but no foam design.

The only one I actually " nailed" was the this postcard with the moon landing stamps of a few years ago - that one was a dead on match thanks to Christopher Arndt Postcards. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture. It did NOT have a postmark on the front.

1 Like

And if you didnt know already, numbers are printed on the back in sets of 10

I haven’t but now I really want to!

1 Like

@jeffweiss I finally jumped into the How Many Stamps Can You Fit tag! :smiley:

It is headed for Japan and just a few cents heavy.

3 Likes

I’m a lead clerk for the U.S. Postal Service and use multiple stamps on my postcards. Postal regulations say that overlapping stamps makes them invalid as postage. The cards may go through because no person looks closely at them. But it would be better not to overlap the stamps.

5 Likes

The USPS used to offer maxicards as part of the First Day of Issue process but hasn’t offered them since the early 1990s. You can still find them online though from resellers like Mystic Stamp, HipStamp, Firstdaycoversonline.com,or eBay.

Just so you can see some examples, here are some I currently have:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know what to do with them all!

So I got inspired by OP and went ahead to buy some stamps.

Unfortunately we don’t have 1 cent stamps here.
Our smallest denomination is 5 cents - but I haven’t seen anyone sell a batch.

But I did find someone selling on a local marketplace a batch of 10 cent stamps - which I got.

A usual letter up to 20g is 1.50 - would be fun to make that up with 15 pieces of stamps.