Here’s what 3,000 1¢ stamps look like

I bought a roll to randomly add extra stamps to postcards.

93 Likes

It’s surprisingly compact, isn’t it?

6 Likes

Please let us know how long it takes you to use all those little darlings! :postcard:

15 Likes

@HookedonPostcards
Please let us know how long it takes you to use all those little darlings! :postcard:

It will be much longer than I thought before buying them. LOL

10 Likes

Lets have a look how long is the roll :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Huh… I buy Forever stamps for letters, and Forever stamps for postcards. And Forever stamps for international mail. I haven’t seen a one cent stamp in forever :wink:

3 Likes

I’m very tempted. :joy:

5 Likes

I also buy forever stamps. But I also buy lower valued stamps so that I can decorate the card with stamps. Sometimes I do go a little over, but for me the stamps are just as much art as the postcard.

Heres a few postcards that went out today…

37 Likes

Cool. I love the rocket stamp! Our post office is so small it doesn’t carry anything than forever. We should have Benjamin Franklin in a forever stamp.

2 Likes

The rocket stamp is a 29 cent stamp from the 90s. I got a book of them off ebay. I love getting old stamps off ebay like that, it’s actually nostalgic for me. lol

6 Likes

I love the use of multiple stamps and love the low values…but the overlapping and sideways make me twitch.
Just, uhhh…twitch

16 Likes

My dad had a collection of encyclopedias about art, science, buildings, etc. One of my favorites was about Space (astronauts, rockets, NASA,) and of course watching old black and white movies about Sci-fi, and cartoons- let’s just say I’m in love with the Retro theme. My favorite movie is The Thing from out of Space, the original.
Would you like to swap postcards? Postcards you made will be great!

2 Likes

Here’s my album. You pick as man6 as you want!

Imgur

2 Likes

I like to mix ‘em up. LOL it used to be common place to put stamps on postcards in various positions. Sometimes those positions even had special meanings to them. There’s no hidden meanings to mine though.

4 Likes

… as seen on this postcard:

8 Likes

YES!!

Although I just randomly place my stamps on the cards without thinking about the meanings.

1 Like

I was so shocked when I saw this awesome homemade version of “The Language of Stamps” postcard because I literally just gave a presentation today at my local postcard society on this very topic! I passed various Victorian versions of this very card around for the members to see, but I like this version so much better with its contemporary “Post Crossing” spin! We even speculated what it might be like if the practice made a comeback but I guess it already has,

Summary

This text will be hidden

thanks to you (I am addressing the creator of this card, aren’t I?) You know, you could sell your creation on Zazzle, share it with the world and make some side money all in one fell swoop? I know I’d buy a bunch!! At any rate, I admire your creativity!!

2 Likes

The card-maker hasn’t had her cards for sale for a while and I did send a note a while back but did not hear back. I will try again.

1 Like

The artist of the updated “Language of Stamps” card is Lea Redmond of Leafcutter Designs based in California…she’s AMAZING! She creates lots of mail items and mail related activities…check out her gorgeous Dandelion Post

The “Language of Stamps” cards are $20 for 10 cards. Her online shop has been open and closed on and off throughout the pandemic, but it’s open right now :blush:

2 Likes

@HookedonPostcards The cards are for sale again :blush: Language of Stamps - postcards

3 Likes