Here’s what 3,000 1¢ stamps look like

I also have a very small post office that doesn’t carry anything but forever stamps. They’re limited on designs too. My mom went to get herself some a few weeks ago and they were still selling only Christmas designs :joy:

That said, I tend to buy my stamps from the USPS website so I can get a good variety.

1 Like

I love doing this to with Canadian stamps. I don’t like to just put on one common stamp. I like to use multiple stamps and mix and match old and new.

2 Likes

I also enjoy when stamps are placed artfully as opposed to straight up and down. Many of our stamps actually look great in several different directions. For example, our one sent ladybug can climb up or down or side to side.

2 Likes

Yes! If i could i would post how stark, in terms of stamps, my local PO is :expressionless:
I found out the USPO sells one type of maxicard… by an artist.
I don’t get the intensity of maxicards. I will check out what the USPO has.

I bought that roll last month and am already down to 1172. When its gone, I’ll just buy another one.

I like doing this. 58 cents in postage.

8 Likes

Love the scooby doo stamp

1 Like

Thanks!!! As so many Postcrossers favourite them I’m going to get a batch.

That is awesome!

Me too! I just ordered a few more sheets because I heard they were being discontinued.

I love everything she makes! I have those postcards but haven’t yet drawn an address for the right recipient…maybe I’ll host a lottery so I can send one out this week :blush:

1 Like

Where did you order them from ? As I’m in New Zealand and would love some ?

1 Like

I order directly from USPS.COM

I bought most of my stamps online at USPS.com. I have a similar experience with local post offices also in the past cities I have lived in. Now I am so lucky. I have a wonderful postmaster in a nearby town and orders anything I have ever requested. Plus if she sees envelopes with stamps on it in the recycling, she will save them for me too.

1 Like

I agree. The overlapping made me cringe. That and the dreadful sharpie marker. That sharpie marker through all the stamps make my blood boil! This beauty has 3 lovely sharpie marks. Because just 1 isn’t enough to deface the stamps! Ugh. It is soooooooooo frustrating!!!

20220523_184013|340x230

3 Likes

That’s so cool! The recycling bin thing. Postal workers are awesome!

Brilliant idea. Cheaper than stickers …
I buy old stamps in UK too - decorative and environmentally friendly

3 Likes

I am amazed you found a roll of 1c stamps. I don’t think I have ever seen one.
I am in Australia, though.

1 Like

That would be a stamp collectors delight and a post office’s nightmare. LOL.
I have tried using multiple Australian stamps - but ours as so big, there is no room left to write anything.

1 Like

I am a postcards’ fan, but the city where I live has not much to offer. It is a touristic place and the majority of postcards are touristic. This means your capacity to choose topics is very small. I live in southern Portugal and to visit museums you have to go to Lisbon. For me this trip is impossible because of the great distance. I try the opportunity now and then to buy in foreigner sites, but even though the pics I get there do not always work up to what I would prefer.
My likes are mostly artistic, but also retro/vintage. If you have something to say about this message, please do contact me. Regards, Francisco Lima

1 Like

@franciscojclima
I would love to swap with you! Whatever you’re able to send will be greatly appreciated. I like to swap 3:3, 4:4, etc, etc, etc
I’m including my album

https://www.flickr.com/photos/194312191@N06/albums/
And the newer ones,

Obrigado‼️

1 Like