Help Turkey

But the third person is also a postcrosser and could have drawn your address.

2 Likes

Right, wenn you sign up for postcrossing, you agree that your address will be shared with thousands of strangers :wink:

Yes, it is random, and it remains just as random if somebody sends you a card via a third person :wink:
As a postcrosser you just never know who in the world may get your addressā€¦

2 Likes

Yea I know,thatā€™s the kinda beauty of postcrossing isnā€™t it?Surprises from all over the world. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What does this mean to you (who think you can share the address):
ā€œDo not share them (addresses) with anyoneā€?

To me anyone is also any other Postcrosser.
Yes, we can play stupid and say itā€™s for Postcrossing purpose, but then I can do anything with it.
For example sell all the addresses, and tell I fund my Postcrossing that way.

No, I have agreed my address been given to the one who draws my address. That person has agreed to send the card (to me, thatā€™s what they need the address for). Not to send to someone else, who has not agreed to send it to anyone.

Also, if there would be money to buy 5-10 postage stamps from Germany, thatā€™s money too, plus the posting to the person. And the cards. Better solution is to send fewer cards.

3 Likes

You have not agreed that it can be given to Touchnote etc.

True, but I think it was accepted (I think in earlier forum), because some people donā€™t have hands or canā€™t write anymore etc and want to do this too.

I donā€™t like it, but trying to find a positive side from it, companies have responsibilities, people will start complaining if the service they pay for doesnā€™t work etc whereas normal people can just say they didnā€™t get the envelope and keep the cards, or wait weeks until they mail them, or they simply forget, stop Postcrossing and donā€™t care etc.

1 Like

You are right, but I think people who have sent and received several thousand cards and who are around for a number of years now are reliable.

From my perspective, sharing an address with a third party company is much worse than sending some cards in an envelope to someone else to only drop them into a mailbox in another country.

After all, companies do keep databases and the likelihood of such database being compromised (broken into, stolen, leaked to the internet) or sold is much higher than a single person doing something malicious with a very limited sample of addresses.

I donā€™t think using Deutsche Post is feasible anyway, since I think they donā€™t sell stamps internationally? You canā€™t order from their online shop if you are not in Germany, at least not stamps. Maybe German postcrossers can confirm or deny that?

And speaking of Touchnote and others - do we know how expensive they are? Would it be really cheaper than the new Turkish rate?

Sadly, I think such postage raises will keep happening. As @Ludek has already mentioned, Polish postage is already more expensive than the Turkish one (and many other European countries) and has been for a year. Given the current news about economy worldwide (inflation and other things), Iā€™m expecting more postage hikes here and everywhere. This is just a way it is and nothing can be done anymore. Snail mail is becoming obsolete and we pay the price.

3 Likes

Dear postcrossing friends,sorry for the disturbing but can we discuss about this in another topic because this topic opened because helping Turkish Postcrossers ?Thank you for supporting us.:innocent:

2 Likes

I would put your cards into a German letterbox, if there are stamps with sufficient postage on them. But I do not know if you can buy German stamps online from abroad, sorry.

1 Like

Yes, and because different opinions and perspectives are so many, there are the rules.

Maybe @meiadeleite can confirm if itā€™s ok to do Postcrossing by sending the cards to a member in another, cheaper postage country, who then mails those?

I know I sometimes take things how they are/read, very literally :slight_smile: and find my self so confused how others can think it doesnā€™t mean that.

I wonder also how will the original sender know, if the receiver accepts cards from their own country.
If the person A should send the card to B in Germany, but B doesnā€™t want cards from Germany, person A should somehow get this information, right? (If they for example use a German member for their card sending.)

Also, if this is not accepted way to send cards, do we need to register these if we get such? I wouldnā€™t want to encourage spreading others addresses.

@bayankod, yes, this started because this was seen as a way to help Turkish Postcrossers.

But, is there a need to a topic about to whom we can give the address we get, and what is considered ā€œPostcrossing purposeā€?

2 Likes

Yea,I know.Just wanted to say because thread was going continuing :sweat_smile:

:sweat_smile: I sometimes easily get stuck to thinking about things :thinking::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But I signed too and will send a card.

I too think that beautiful viewcards (and other cards) are really good way (and can be affordable) to get people wanting to travel there. Even with all social media photos, a postcard is still much more a piece of that country to me.

4 Likes

Thank youu

I signed too! When I was last in Turkey I payed 4TL; that was interesting. I still have lots of (serie) cards to mail but then there was covid so I couldnā€™t come anymore and now this high pricesā€¦ :astonished: Here in Belgium we know the prices will raising again from January 1st too. Also extremely highā€¦ And they say they are watching what our neighbour countries doā€¦ NOT! I feel with the Turkish postcrossers :heart:

2 Likes

Deutsche Post plans to rise the postage for domestic cards from 0.60 Euro to 0.70 Euro. Belpost would have to reduce the postage quite a bit to get down to 0.70 Euro.
I am sure Deutsche Post will also raise the postage for cards going abroad, but I donā€™t know how much.

1 Like

They never will do that. While every neighbour country is cheaper! DE is and stays the cheapest but Luxembourg is interesting too. For prior inland stamps the prices here are ridiculous/idiotic/insaneā€¦ (and they donā€™t even do what they promiss with delivering the next day) but also for Europe and the rest of the World they are way too high! Especially when they say they are comparing the neighnour countriesā€¦

Prior BE 2020 = 1.18ā‚¬ ā€” 2021 = 1.57ā‚¬ ā€” 2022 = 1.86ā‚¬ (bought by 10 or you pay even a higher price! - We also have non prior which is cheaper luckily!)
Europe = 2020 = 1.55ā‚¬ ā€” 2021 = 1.85ā‚¬ ā€” 2022 = 2.09ā‚¬ (bought by 5 or you even pay more)
World = 2020 = 1.77ā‚¬ ā€” 2021 = 2.07ā‚¬ ā€” 2022 = ? (bought by 5 or you even pay more)

I know itā€™s not like the price raising in Turkey but it becomes also too expensive for a lot of postcrossers!
But now enough about us because weā€™re here to support the Turkish postcrossers! :+1: :postcrossing:

This is what I wrote after signing the petition online because they forget it has an impact twice on their economy I suppose. I guess Iā€™m not the only one whoā€™s keeping an eye on the stamp price when I go on holiday. Especially when they are expensive in your own country, you like to go to somewhere where they are cheap(er) that you can send a lot. So if they stay at this price, I prefer to go to another place so it has also on that way an impact on their economy while they need now travellers more then ever after the whole covid situationā€¦

I hope it will help you! But youā€™re with millions so you need much more signatures. Go, go, go! Donā€™t give up! Fingers crossed for a good result! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Please support our protest. The address on the postcard belongs to the President of the Republic of Turkey. Weā€™re asking him to withdraw the raise. Please support us.

3 Likes

Signed and posted on tumblr using #standwithpostcrossingturkey :slight_smile:

1 Like