Help Turkey

Well, for some. But a lot of us don’t care for stamps so much but mainly for the cards and/or the messages :slight_smile: When I send via Germany, by the way, I always mark those cards as “sent via Germany at half the Polish postage.” Makes them a sign of our times in my eyes… And I always write the place and date of when and where I wrote from (“Warsaw, 16 October 2021”) - so the card tells the whole story of its travels.

And for stamp collectors, actually the role of the go-between could be very attractive. They’d get lots of stamps just for the trouble of going to the mailbox now and then :wink:

2 Likes

I would like to send from Deutsche post too , here some countries cost 33 TL …

For example it can help you if you send several postcards in an envelope for same country for different people . In some countries it is cheap, and the postcrosser, having received an envelope, could take his own postcard and send the envelope to another inside the country. For example, in America and Russia it is cheap . The same way like wrote Ludek about Deutsche Post

2 Likes

And of course I will send one card as you asked , but not sure it will help …
I’m really sorry for this situation! And I understand you , here is very expensive too and that’s why I prefer use only forum now for swap , because I can’t pay always 25-33 TL …

1 Like

I guess sending a postcard from Germany costs like 0.60 euro,with exchange rate it’s like 6 ₺ and much more cheaper than Turkey’s new postal prices.

Postcards within Germany cost 60 cents, but the international postage (for all the world) is 95 cents. But that’s still much cheaper than the postage in Poland or Turkey, let alone Denmark or Argentina.

2 Likes

A lot of people in Turkey have a relative or a friend in Germany,this could be a very good idea for them.

3 Likes

I think also a lot of Russian live in Turkey, to send one international envelope in any country from Russia cost 7 TL

3 Likes

Card inside country cost there 2,3 TL
You can try to find also Russian way .
Don’t worry dear! Be strong and take care of yourself ! :hibiscus::hibiscus::hibiscus:

3 Likes

Thank you for nice wishes it’s just sad to abandon another hobby because of economy.But I’ll be still here for lotteries 🥲

1 Like

Me too, because I have not work , but don’t worry, it’s also funny! See you in lotteries :wink:

1 Like

I am just speechless, how can they rise the price of international stamp with 300% at once? :exploding_head: A similar rise here in Finland would mean that our international stamp would be 5,85 € (62,89 TL). That would be enough to kill my enthuasiasm for sure! And compared to the quality I think our current prices (1,85/1,95 €) are too expensive. So I can understand your pain. :broken_heart: I signed the petition yesterday. :+1:

7 Likes

I can help from Sri Lanka. Our postage cost is about 1.70 TL (€ 0,16), but for a limited number of countries. Average travelling speed.

I can suggest a solution for those who prefer stamps from country of origin on the postcard. I think, pasting the lowest possible valued stamp, or a used stamp in correspondence side of the postcard with a small notice with why did you do that would please most of the people with that problem.

7 Likes

I signed the petition too . I think we are all want the same , send more cards and pay as much as you can .
Wow great Sri Lanka :sri_lanka: is the best with postage :clap::blush::love_letter::love_letter::love_letter:

2 Likes

Perhaps the Turkish postcrossers should also turn to the association of the Turkish travel industry, if there is one, for the raise may habe an impact on them, for many tourists send cards back home to their loved ones and advertise for vacation in Turkey this way. Maybe that helps a bit.
My card to PTT is on its way.

3 Likes

7 Likes

we need more support. please keep typing to keep the title visible. Your support is very valuable to us. thanks everyone.:white_heart:

2 Likes

Turn to President Erdoğan and tell him that postcards are a good and cheap way to advertise for the Turkey and that you and all the Turkish Postcrosser do that as well as the Tourists who send nice postcards back home to their loved ones, but that the rise of the postage has a massive impact on that, and ask him for help.

(sorry bad quote) I don’t think this is allowed. This has been discussed also before I think.
You are not allowed to share the address with anyone, even though they were another Postcrosser.

“The addresses given to you are private information and can only be used for Postcrossing purposes. Do not share them with anyone or make them public on the internet.”
https://www.postcrossing.com/about/guidelines

Of course I understand this price raise is really sad for us postcrossers.

Maybe third party services could be one thing to continue? Take a photo and use the service to send a card printed from your photo. I don’t like my address given there either, but I think it’s a bit better than a strange “normal” person with no obligation or any legal agreement to fullfill the task. They can just keep the postcards, and then it would end up being trouble for the original sender. (Yes, many are friendly, but there are cheaters too.) And using a commercial third party service would mean no postage would go in mailing to the extra person.

And as sad as it is, not everyone has the money to this.

3 Likes

You do that all the time when you do postcrossing, for otherwise nobody could send you a card.
And I’d rather trust in postcrossers than in companies that want to earn money.

2 Likes

I don’t want to receive Galata kulesi or Pamukkale from any other country but not from Turkey. With this method i can buy all this cards and send to myself from neighboring village. It is reason why I’m telling postal rates problem of Turkey also our problem. Great people, beautiful cards, amazing stamps. We can’t lost it. That’s why I’m standing with postcrossers of Turkey.

3 Likes