Help Turkey

Hi,we are Turkish Postcrossers and we love this community as anyone else here but recently something very bad happened for us Turkish Postcrossers.As every year in Turkey, postage fees have been increased as of 11.10.2021 this year. The prices of unregistered international shipments increased by almost 400%. In this case, many Turkish postcrossers will have to abandon this postcrossing hobby. We ask you to help us with this. Here is the petition link. Petition · PTT 11 Ekim 2021 zamlarını geri çeksin - Türkei · Change.org

Can you be our voice to spread our message and help us with continuing on this great hobby?
Our greatest thanks
Turkish Postcrossers

56 Likes

Please help us to continue this hobby. Help us make our voices heard. Otherwise, no one will be able to receive letters or postcards from Turkey again. :pleading_face::broken_heart:

14 Likes

I signed it! I want to receive your postcards! :green_heart:

9 Likes

Would it be possible for the person who started the petition to add an English translation below the Turkish text? I think that would help!

13 Likes

I signed it. We want you. Please don’t give up.

10 Likes

I contacted to organizer of the petition.I’m sure he/she will add translation soon.

2 Likes

If @paulo and @meiadeleite can write to PTT maybe they can give more attention to you.After all @paulo founded Postcrossing.We would be very happy .

3 Likes

Yesterday in addition to petition created by turkish friends I’ve started postcard campaign in my Instagram, i call all people to support Postcrossers of Turkey and send postcard to Postal administration of Turkey. International postcrossing community shouldn’t stay away of this problem. We need to show international reaction. If each of you who saw my post will send postcard from own country postal administration hopefully will hear us. They can ignore petition but they can’t run from our postcards. Don’t leave postcrossers of Turkey alone with their problem. It’s also our problem.

33 Likes

Thank you so much for spreading this situation

1 Like

Signed it! Keep my fingers crossed!

6 Likes

What is 18t ?

2 Likes

@chanel480 It’s TL (Turkish lira) 18 lira is about 2 us dollars

3 Likes

Sending postcard from US tomorrow!

4 Likes

I signed the petition and I will send a postcard tomorrow!
I think I will focus on the point, that the postcards are a very good way to advertise for the Turkey, which needs tourists to bring money.

10 Likes

The hikes are not acceptable. They do not know what they are doing… I hope everything comes back to normal.
If you support and help us our voice to be heard, we would really appreciate this :pray:

4 Likes

Those are my postcrossing stuff.I made those stickers myself and I want to continue to use them

8 Likes

I have signed. :+1: @bayankod

3 Likes

I 'll send a postcard on monday🙂

2 Likes

I don’t think this petition will help. A similar one did nothing for Polish postcrossers, and price shocks like this have happened in many countries - whereas I have never heard of any mail services taking back their postage hikes.

However, here’s a suggestion how postcrossers might help each other!

If you live in a low-postage country, like for instance Germany :de:, you could offer to become a go-between for postcrossers from Turkey :tr: as well as other high-postgae countries. People from those countries could get German stamps online at https://www.deutschepost.de/en/home.html, put those on their postcards, and send them in batches - like 5 or 10 in an envelope - to the German go-between - whose role would be only to open your letters and put your postcards into a German mailbox!

Here in Poland, we even have a small company that does just that - collect postcards from Polish postcrossers, bring them to Germany, and post them from there. They even got some special deal from Deutsche Post, so those Polish postcards travel the world even at a lower cost than regular German postcards :slight_smile:

I would offer help myself - but here in Poland :poland: it costs 19 Turkish Lira to mail a postcard :frowning:

9 Likes

But this is often a disappointment for the receiver. Some Danish postcrossers did that for some time or even mailed their cards from Germany themselves, but finally that all went down.

6 Likes