Help Turkey

They never will do that. While every neighbour country is cheaper! DE is and stays the cheapest but Luxembourg is interesting too. For prior inland stamps the prices here are ridiculous/idiotic/insane… (and they don’t even do what they promiss with delivering the next day) but also for Europe and the rest of the World they are way too high! Especially when they say they are comparing the neighnour countries…

Prior BE 2020 = 1.18€ — 2021 = 1.57€ — 2022 = 1.86€ (bought by 10 or you pay even a higher price! - We also have non prior which is cheaper luckily!)
Europe = 2020 = 1.55€ — 2021 = 1.85€ — 2022 = 2.09€ (bought by 5 or you even pay more)
World = 2020 = 1.77€ — 2021 = 2.07€ — 2022 = ? (bought by 5 or you even pay more)

I know it’s not like the price raising in Turkey but it becomes also too expensive for a lot of postcrossers!
But now enough about us because we’re here to support the Turkish postcrossers! :+1: :postcrossing:

This is what I wrote after signing the petition online because they forget it has an impact twice on their economy I suppose. I guess I’m not the only one who’s keeping an eye on the stamp price when I go on holiday. Especially when they are expensive in your own country, you like to go to somewhere where they are cheap(er) that you can send a lot. So if they stay at this price, I prefer to go to another place so it has also on that way an impact on their economy while they need now travellers more then ever after the whole covid situation…

I hope it will help you! But you’re with millions so you need much more signatures. Go, go, go! Don’t give up! Fingers crossed for a good result! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Please support our protest. The address on the postcard belongs to the President of the Republic of Turkey. We’re asking him to withdraw the raise. Please support us.

3 Likes

Signed and posted on tumblr using #standwithpostcrossingturkey :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also wrote a postcard and going to mail it soon. But it is for the previous address.

3 Likes

To be honnest I would rather prefere give my address to a normal stranger who probalby will do nothing with my address than any big company that use my data to soll it further

1 Like

To be frank, translating it to US dollars is pointless. $2 is a lot of money in Turkey. It would be somewhat equivalent to about $6 to send international mail.

2 Likes

(English) The international postcard fee, which was increased once a year by the Turkish Post - PTT, was equal for all countries. The last raise, dated 11 October 2021, includes a dynamic rate that changes daily for each country (SDR-based). International postcard fee, which was 4.75 Turkish Lira (TL) in 2020 and 6.50 TL in 2021, increased to around 20 TL with the last raise. A 300% increase is not acceptable under any circumstances. We request a reorganization of wages. Please let our voices be heard. You can send an e-mail to the Turkish Post and/or sign the campaign. Many thanks.

(Turkish) PTT tarafından yılda bir defa artırılan yurtdışı kartpostal ücreti tüm ülkeler için eşitti. 11.10.2021 tarihli son zam ise her ülke için günlük olarak değişen dinamik bir zammı kapsıyor (SDR bazlı). 2020’de 4.75TL, 2021’de 6.50TL olan yurtdışı kartpostal ücreti son zamla bir anda 20TL civarına çıktı. %300 artış hiç bir koşulda kabul edilebilir değil. Ücretlerin yeniden düzenlenmesini talep ediyoruz. Lütfen sesimizi duyuralım. PTT’ye eposta gönderebilir ve/veya kampanyayı imzalayabilirsiniz. Teşekkürler.

6 Likes

Any updates?

1 Like

Did you heard something from PTT after the petition? Did they turn back the extremely high prices to send a postcard?

1 Like

Unfortunately no,not any good updates.Exchange rates are becoming higher (one dollar is 14 turkish liras now) and I don’t think they will decrease fees.
But thanks for keeping us in mind :green_heart:

4 Likes

I signed the petition. This is a problem we, as people who enjoy sending postcards, are facing in many countries. I think what is happening in many countries is that they forgot about postcards and they use rates for registered letters as the least amount for sending mail. While this may be fine for registered letters, it does not make sense for postcards. I had this problem in Saudi Arabia where they just scratched the rate for postcards and the cheapest rate after that is there just won’t work (they don’t have stamps that can cover the value for the new rate. Egypt just did the same (in fact their rates are almost identical and makes one wonder if the same people were behind the changes). Looking at their cheapest rates for registered letter (cheapest now to send any mail), makes both these countries one of the most expensive in the world.

1 Like

So you can only send postcards as registered letters from these countries? Wow. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I just read about the high inflation in Turkey and that the prices have generally rocketed. It must be crazily expensive to live in Turkey now when you take into account the Turkish salaries. :cry:

1 Like

Yes, it is crazy expensive to live and doing anything beside working is a kinda luxury right now. Not able sending postcards anymore hit me very hard. Not just like for me for example my close friend had to give up her photography hobby because photography films got very expensive. In a summery rich ones got richer poor ones got poorer. And it makes you feel worse when you know your loved ones are responsible for that situation too. Oh God, I talked so much. Sorry about that😅

4 Likes

the news said the value of Turkish notes went down?is it TRUE?

Yea, it’s definitely true. Kinda interesting to see news about Turkey in China :sweat_smile:

At least you have to pay the minimum fees which is for a registered letter. It is silly because a card will not have enough space for the stamps. Since they don’t have stamps with high value. My theory is they just did not think about it. In fact, I sent some cards with the old rates (from Egypt) and it seems all of them made it!! So, no idea what is going on there.

1 Like

This is horrible! I truly hope they reverse this! I have signed this and shared to my Twitter/Facebook & Insta! I hope this helps!
~Echo<3

1 Like

İmzaladım! Türkçeyi seviyorum ve Türkiye’den kartpostal almak istiyorum!!! :pray:

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Turkey - Where to get postcards