Happy 16th birthday to Postcrossing! 🎉 And thank you

Today marks the 16th anniversary of this project and we’re feeling a little overwhelmed — with happiness and also gratitude for all of you, who joined us on this adventure.

We were just kids when it all started back in 2005, and it feels like a lifetime has passed since then. In the process, we’ve learned that it’s hard to keep something running for 16 years. More than technical skill, it takes infinite amounts of patience and just sheer stubbornness to persist through tiredness and frustration, day in and day out.

But when we open our mailbox, there’s sometimes a postcard there from a kid that put all their focus into telling us about their day. A letter from someone who struggled with an illness, and to whom Postcrossing was lifesaving. Notes from parents and teachers, bringing up a generation of children that are aware of people outside their bubbles. We see friends getting together at meetups, bonding and building local micro-communities which become a part of their identities. People falling in love, even!

And all of that makes it worth it, and special, and like a gift we couldn’t possibly deserve, but one that we cherish immensely. So thank you — to all of you. We might have built the shell of this platform, but every one of you made it what it is today. You’re what keeps Postcrossing going.

Happy anniversary, everyone! Enjoy the day!

Ana & Paulo (and the :postcrossing: team)

770 Likes

Congratulations!

9 Likes

Happy Anniversary to you Ana and Paulo and thanks from the bottom of my heart for starting this project 16 years ago.
Happy Postcrossing and Happy Anniversary to all of us who enjoy this great hobby of sharing joy and love into the world through postcards.

25 Likes

Congratulations and thank you! :tada:

5 Likes

I have definitely fallen in :heart:!

With Postcrossing! :hugs: :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

I wish we had earlier access to the Internet then, but anyways you both got us fam! Thanks for launching Postcrossing :birthday:

9 Likes

Amazing job! Wonderful people here.
Only one day at postcrossing and you can believe in humankind again.

Thank you for all your work!!!

15 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! And Happy Birthday, Postcrossing!!!

3 Likes

Congratulations. and thank you for Postcrossing to make my day

3 Likes

Congratulation,i like it very much

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! Happy Postcrossing and Happy Anniversary. Postcrossing always makes me smile!

4 Likes

Thank you for Postcrossing, and for having that patience and endurance!

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary, Postcrossing :champagne: :clinking_glasses: :birthday: :mailbox_with_mail:

Wishing you many more postcards and happy people all around the globe :earth_africa: :earth_americas: :earth_asia: :postcrossing: :envelope_with_arrow: :outbox_tray:

Thanks Ana and Paulo for your vision, love and persistence :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

Спасибо Вам за такую замечательную возможность узнать людей с разных точек земли! Поздравляю :+1::tada::tada::tada::birthday::heart::heart::heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

9 Likes

Congratulations!:bouquet::tada:

16 years, a long time…
Thank you for all your Work!
Postcrossing is the best!

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary :tada:
It’s great to be part of this wonderful project :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

So happy that we came across Postcross in our lifetime.Happy Birthday.

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary PC. I am happy that I am part of this nice network.

Men may come, Men may go, but Postcrossing will go on forever.

5 Likes

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart and soul! Happy Birthday Postcrossing!

9 Likes