Greetings & introductions

This is just a simple thread I thought I’d open for us all to check in, say “hello” and familiarize ourselves with the British Isles category of the forum. :blush:

:postbox:

I’m Ray - on the old forum I was “bluegreenfigs”, but I’m just Figtrees now.

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Elina, I’m Finnish but I live in Leeds.

4 Likes

Nice idea Ray! :wave: I’m Jess, and I live in London. All of my family are up in Northumberland, and I miss it a heck of a lot (especially right now when it’s not possible to go). My username on the old form was JessicaKeating.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Dorothy still Coffeedoff I think! finding this a bit scary and baffling as to where to begin.

3 Likes

OK, I’ve found out how to post next job finding out how to set up the traveling envelope.

I think I will start again as people who have listed have been on the list for years.
What does everyone think?

I have not participated in a travelling envelope before. I’d definitely be interested in a Round Robin, like the one that @figtrees set up for World Postcard Day.

If you go to the British Isles section, in the top right corner there is a “+ New Topic” button which will let you set up a new topic for a travelling envelope.

The British Isles RR on the old forum was hosted by Constanze, so probably when it’s convenient, she may move it across to the new forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone :blush: I’m Eloise, I live in Sheffield and make terrible puns
I mostly lurked on the old forum, but my user name is exactly the same

3 Likes

Hi everyone :slight_smile: I’m Adam and my username’s still Binnington :smiley: Greetings from the Yorkshire coast :ocean:

3 Likes

Welcome everyone - I’m Brian, some of you may know me from the old forum if I can help in any way just ask. I live in Dublin and we have some family in the North East of England.

3 Likes

@fisherman Thank you Brian :pray: I know we’ll all rely on you for the way you set up and manage the Directory of RR & Tags run by postcrossers from British Isles, the Meetings thread, etc. Are you planning on moving them across? Or would it be simpler for you to begin them from scratch here?

@and_abelard Eloise, your battenburg profile pic is fantastic! :cake:

2 Likes

Thanks @figtrees :blush:, sadly not my own baking

2 Likes

@figtrees thank you for your support. I think we should wait a little while to see if the owners of the various RRs come across to the new forum. Remind me in a couple of weeks if nothing happens and I will see what areas we all want to be transferred here on the new forum.

1 Like

First go on shiny new forum!

4 Likes

Hi, my username was claire2107, but I’m matched up to my main PC username now I guess!

2 Likes

Woo hoo, hello, didn’t realise we were properly live on this!

FairyFoot here, Mia, bit of a lapsed postcrosser but passionate about sending mail. I still have all my postcards, both official and those through RRs (including one I used to host, UK x OC). I should have a read through the messages again at some point. Dug out a few for World Postcard Day, one with the sentiment on the front “Welcome To our Wondrous Circle of Friends!” - that describes what Postcrossing is.

4 Likes

That’s lovely, Mia :blush:

1 Like

Hello Everyone :wave:
I’m Karen from Norfolk.
I’ve only ever played the Round Robins, not really looked around at other topics, but it seems easier here. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello folks, Chris here. I was never much active on the old forum. I’m exploring this new one and I’m liking what I’m seeing!

3 Likes