German Postcrossing stamp launch meetup! (October 7th, Berlin)

I’m very sorry, but due to health considerations I need to cancel my participation :sob:
Sometimes it sucks to do the sensible thing…

2 Likes

Oh no :cry:

1 Like

Get a lot of rest, and get well soon @Wolfsmondfee!

1 Like

I can’t commit to October 7th yet, but I’ll see if I can set it up. Please make a note of maybe. Thanks.

1 Like

Wie schade!! Ich wünsche dir gute Besserung!!

1 Like

I think you can bring your cards to the Sonderstempelstellen. I don’t expect them to be able to get someting by person and sending cards in also needs postage - like you have to send them in a package…

And I can expect that they reject orders of hundreds of postcards just for sending out - not for collecting. Sonderstempelstellen are designed for stamp collectors I think.

Just wanted to say that the meetup is not the only place where you can get your cancellation mark.

1 Like

In Berlin next week - attending a meet up on the 6th (Thursday) and will do my best to come on Friday as well. It would be great to meet some old friends again :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yes please, thank you!! I really can’t tell if he will be able to come or has to work, but we’ll see.

I arrive too late on the 6th, but will definitely see you on the 7th!! I will be in Berlin a few more days, going home the 10th, so I can also be a tourist. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok great, I will bring cash anyway so that should be fine. I will figure out the value I need for international mail. And if possible visit a post office beforehand but I will probably not have enough time for that, because I’m staying with a friend in Potsdam.

Are there 15 cards left?? No problem if not, I can use the other cards I ordered some time ago but these fit so nice with the stamp! I can pick them up in the museum or wherever they are.

1 Like

The Postcrossing stamp is made for international mailing.
Postcards 0,95€ (letters up to 20g are 1,10€, though).

1 Like

Thank you!!

I‘ve an appointment at 9am but after that I will try to drive as fast as I can to Berlin. After a long time without Postcrossing I will be happy to meet Postcrossers again.

Edit: If someone is travelling from Dresden to Berlin: I’ve a free seat in my car, but I can start earliest at about 10am in Dresden due to my appointment.

I will drive back at the same day. So there is also a free seat back from Berlin to Dresden.

Please feel free to send me a pm.

1 Like

another thing worth noting:
if you go into post offices to purchase your stamps, you can’t pay with MasterCard, Visa, Diners, JCB or any other credit or debit card.
You have to bring cash or pay with a Griocard (that weird german alternative to what every other country calls a debit card)…

So there is no Google Pay or Apple Pay possible, even if there are modern card terminals.

That may be worth noting if there are stamp orders of larger amounts, like 150+ stamps…

1 Like

One more question. There was a time ago a question about if we will make a guided tour through the museum before the Meet-up starts. Will that take place and if so which time? @meiadeleite or @kroete68

2 Likes

Yes, the guided tour starts at 10 a.m. in front of the “Lichthof”

Due to the lack of interest, we have only one tour in english speeking

I will write a PM about the tour to the interested postcrossers with the details tomorrow.

5 Likes

Please add me to the PM when you write it! :slight_smile:

Me too! Sorry about jumping in last minute, I had completely forgotten this was an option…

Have to cancel, sooooo sorry, have been looking forward to that event so much… :frowning: Have a great time you all.