General Meetup Discussions

@bellamae: All information is posted here: Madison, Wisconsin Meetup - Saturday, October 9th, 2021

But this one (not yet added to the “official” list - I guess the admins will do so shortly - edit: now it is) is even closer to you: Rochester (SE Minnesota), Sept 18, 2021

I am hosting the one in Rochester and plan to attend in Madison, so feel free to ask any questions.

2 Likes

Thank you. I just saw the one for Rochester. And asked a bunch of questions.

Here in Norway it is common that the participants buy the desired amount of postcards from the creator and pay what it costed to print that number of postcards. Some order few cards and some order many from the creator.

8 Likes

There’s no meetup account. So people just draw officials themselves when they send meetup postcards. Or they send the meetup cards as swaps or RAS.

2 Likes

@Norway_girl Thanks for letting me know.

It was the one thing I was not sure of.

I can not wait to go to a meet up one day to understand how it works.
Smiles,
JoannA

1 Like

I do wonder, how people find the ‘creator’ or designer, who designs the postcards.
But that is a great idea, that the organiser pays for the design, or designs it themselves, and participants can pay for how many they want printed directly from the designer/creator.

1 Like

Sometimes the host of the meetup creates the card. Other times a participant volunteers to make it.

1 Like

You are welcome to join us at our next virtual meetup, it is posted on the meetup calendar on these forums, “6th Annual Washington, D. C. Meetup” will bet hosted on 02 OCT 2021 on Zoom.

3 Likes

How do I create a virtual meetup?

Azimvth - you might want to read my post from November of 2020 in this thread, it has some pointers.

Hi! How do I place my meeting in the meeting calender??

1 Like

Just create the topic on the respective meetups section and if all the details are in there, soon @mundoo will add it to the calendar.

4 Likes

Did not happen

@seaview - For the German meetups, the cards get posted by the creator(s) in the meetup thread, so that everyone has a chance to buy.

You can usually choose between having them mailed to you prior to the meeting (which is good for preparation) or pick them up at the meeting.

Like @Norway_girl said, it is not typical here that the host will pay for the cards, the participants will.

4 Likes

I’m sure @mundoo will add it to the calendar when she has time to do it. She’s in another part of the world than us. And people have a life outside Postcrossing as well.

5 Likes

@eta55 Thanks for the invitation for the Virtual MeetUp.

I found the calender https://community.postcrossing.com/c/meetups/10/l/calendar
but I can not see the listing. The ‘more’ button won’t let me see more listings.

Does the listing contain the Zoom link?

@Wolfsmondfee thanks for sharing that in Germany postcards can be mailed prior to meeting. Can I ask, how is payment made for purchasing and mailing the postcards between postcrossers?

@Norway_girl II am glad to hear that the participants will pay for the cards. As to pay to design, print and organise hosting a meet up ,sounds like there is a lot of effort for a meet up to do voluntarily. Thanks for the advice.

Smiles,
Seaview

Hi everyone! :tulip:
I’ve an urgent emergency and don’t know who to ask or where to find an answer. Maybe I missed a part of the FAQ- but also my friends couldn’t help me.
I launched a Meetup on the 1st of October in Bonn, Germany and published it in the German area of the Forum (in English). I understood that a moderator will check it and will than official add it to the big map where all meetings worldwide are shown. The Meetup is already listed on the event calender but still missing on this worldmap.:thinking:
What can I do?
I hope this is the right spot here to find an answer. :confused:

Has now :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the link to the meeting please?