Madison, Wisconsin Meetup - Saturday, October 9th, 2021

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Madison, Wisconsin
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Memorial Union on UW campus, 800 Langdon Street, Madison, WI 53706
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, October 9th, 2021 - World Post Day
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: We will meet in the Union. Check the daily schedule board “Today in the Union” or TITU for the exact room.

World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9 October, the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874. The first week in October is International Postcard Week, too!
Bring your pens, stickers, stampers, washi tape, or anything else you use to decorate cards :slight_smile: We will have meetup cards for sale before the meeting. The card design will be unveiled shortly and you can order them in advance by contacting the organizer.
We will have a free/swap table where you can give away those cards you know you’ll never use or find the latest additions to your postcard stash.
Do you have a special collection you’d like to share with the group? Or maybe a special skill you’d like to teach? We’re open to suggestions!
Please RSVP via the blue and white checkmark above .:arrow_heading_up:
Organizer: Kristina via Postcrossing KristinaGisela or kgshepard -- gmail.com

3 Likes

At this point, I would love to join - if you are tolerant of guests from the neighbor to the west!

3 Likes

Absolutely! Neighbors are always welcome :smiley: It would be wonderful to see you again! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

May I be sent a postcard from this event please?

Hi Karl, I plan to go to this meetup, and I know we’ve swapped before in the forum tag, so if you want, I’ll swap you and meet up card after the event. @KarlKerplunk

3 Likes

So excited! I plan to come!

3 Likes

Meetup cards are being ordered now. Contact KristinaGisela with your order. Cards are 25¢ each.

8 Likes

Hi can i swap? I can offer cards from out meet up or swap album.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LZ0b5mX1Hm7apuPeFMhyKwP-OY2s5q9d

1 Like

I’ll be there!

1 Like

Hi! How can I get ahold of some of those cards? I can’t attend. Cuz I have no car to drive that far. But I would like to get some. Thank you.

Hi Bellamae,

Are you going to the Rochester meetup tomorrow? I’m going and could bring them with me or I can mail them to you.

I just got bad news I can’t go to the meet up in Rochester. So could you mail me some?

Sure. I’ll send you a private message.

Hello
If an exchange is possible, I would like to ask for your postcard.
My exchanger Обменник – 612 Bilder | VK

Hi! Great card! Is anyone interested in swap? Here are my postcards for swap на обмен – 355 Bilder | VK

Thanks!

I would like to swap for this card! I have World Post card Day!

I’m planning to attend. My first meet up. Looking forward to it! Am I too late to order meet up postcards?

1 Like

Hi, Barb! Glad to hear you can make it! You can definitely still order cards. Since the meetup is this Saturday, I would suggest picking them up at the meetup rather than having them mailed to you if that’s alright with you. How many would you like?

Hi everyone!

Where is the best spot to park? State Street Ramp? Any place offering free parking on weekends? I don’t mind a bit of a walk …

I’ll take a dozen postcards if that works. Thanks so much!

1 Like