General Meetup Discussions

:sunflower:Attention Postcrossing Team:

Would you please add my Postcrossing MeetUp to the Calendar of Events?

@mundoo does go through all meetups threads. If itā€™s OK, sheā€™ll add it to the calendar. If not, sheā€™ll let the host know what needs to be fixed. So thereā€™s no need to ask here to get a meetup added to the calendar.

1 Like

Has been added.

1 Like

Is it possible to edit (in this case increase) the number of available slots in an already published meetup? If so, how is that accomplished?

1 Like

That there is! See attached. Click on the pencil (edit) on the title of the Meetup, then click on the date/time field, finally click on the Maximum Guests field (or use the up and down arrows in increase the number of attendees. You can also use this pane to remove attendees if needed, or modify the date.

1 Like

Iā€™ve recently listed a Meetup in the USA category. The unfortunate thing is the calendar doesnā€™t allow weekends to be selected, and ours will be on Saturday, October 14. What am I missing, or is this a bug?

4 Likes

Iā€™ve made meet ups for the weekend before, and I just tried now and it worked, so iā€™s definitely not an intentional restriction.

I canā€™t see what would be going wrong in your screenshot, so hopefully a mod can work it out.

@mundoo looks after the meet up listings. Give her some time to get back to you, as I know she always busy.

1 Like

Thank you. My March 25 (also Saturday) Meetup worked just fine, so Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on. Thanks for your input.

R

I have no idea what the yellow spot on the 14 is being caused by. I have updated the date to the 14th.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

2 Likes

Thank you. I was simply highlighting it as the ideal date. Appreciate the fix.

Does anyone have input on this? I have a Meetup scheduled five months out. Although Iā€™d love to forewarn people (invite them) ahead of time, Iā€™m worried if I send invites and people sign up. there will be many people who flake at the last minute. Do people generally just send invites 6-8 weeks out, or something different?

Excuse me. I am very concerned that this question is being ignored. Even if you are not official member, could you give me any advice?

1 Like

I think the only person who can answer this question is the person who made the card. Itā€™s not a copyright violation if they had permission to use the image, or if it was a public domain image or under an open Creative Commons licence.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Sailor Moon is public domain nor Creative Commons image.

I mention easy example: what if somebody use image of Mickey Mouse for meetup card? You must be afraid if it violates copyright.

I am a fairly green member, but I was thinking of organizing a meetup. Can someone who has previously planned a meetup give me some pointers or explain the process they went through?

@MissKayeIdaho -

My posts in this thread on the following dates should help you out:

May 2021
July 2021
May 2022

1 Like

Can meet ups be anywhere? I was thinking about hosting one in Evansville, Indiana, but I donā€™t know if anyone would come.

Yes, a meetup can be (almost) everywhere.

Best way is to open a Topic in USA and telling what you planned to do that day.
And then you wait for users to sign up for it.

I uploaded a draft image for meetup card.
It has been over a week since the post and no replies from admin.
May I consider that there is no particular problem?
Otherwise the deadline of printing store will be over.

Hello eta55! Iā€™m trying to post our 2023 Calgary meetup but I canā€™t get past my draft. What am I doing wrong.