General Meetup Discussions

It wad great meeting old friend @delenn_mir after long time. Always when i travel i contact local postcrossers to meet and shop postcardsm Usually people can help you find best cards and show you places. I have met unofficial meetings in Poland, Netherlands, Hungary, Austria, Canada, Dubai, Portugal, Northern ireland,
And after these small meetings you are friends for time.
in Brazil unofficial turn into lovely bigger meetup. Just reach out and ask who would be intrrested meeting over postcards :grin:

2 Likes

I had another postcrosser message me and wanted to meet up in my city. I had no connection to this person and found it interesting. Ended up not meeting up with them. I didn’t feel well that day and my husband wasn’t crazy about the idea to begin with. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@YellowButterfly76 - Yes, I had that sort of thing you talk about in mind too, when I asked my question …. We humans do need some kind of connection and, postcrosser, or not, I would have to feel okay about any meet-up.

Call me old-fashioned, but it would also depend on gender - being female, I would feel happier meeting a female than an unconnected male, even if the meeting was in a busy, public place.

Not out to cause any offence to anyone, just trying to be honest. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s why I asked the question in the first place really. There is plenty of information about formal meet-ups in the forum, but I didn’t see anything mentioned about informal meet-ups and I did wonder if people did ever meet up informally and what people’s thoughts on it were because I am just curious about it! :tipping_hand_woman:t3::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hello

@paulo @Mundoo @meiadeleite Is it actually allowed to offer old cards from previous meetup for a new meetup ? I‘d like to have stickers for the backside with the current date .

As long as the participants are aware that they are from a different date and are updated with a sticker with the new date and are unused I can’t see any issues.

Vicki

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: TALK in ENGLISH - Visitors Corner - 2024

I am not sure if anybody already asks. I created a meetup announcement last weekend. But I still don’t see it in the meetup list. Do you know the average time until meetups appear there? I am just curious because it is the first time I created one. And I hope I fulfilled all rules. The meetup I announce is in a different country from where I live.

Yes, that is asked several times before :wink:

Here is one of the answers:

2 Likes

@Bille @Mundoo Thank you both very much. I am glad that it is just this easy answer. So I gonna be more patient. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Evike86 I would like to ask you to translate your post into English so that every user can understand what you wrote.
Talking in you mother tongue is only allowed in your Community and in MeetUp topics.

Well, it’s like this for meetings: February 1st, while March 1st is my meeting

If the wrong date was added to the calendar, then this probably happened by mistake.
Please ask mundoo/Vicky in the MeetUp topic to correct this .

Thanks for drawing my attention to the wrong month that I entered on the calendar.

All fixed now. :grinning:

Vicki

1 Like

I have a question about the Meetup in Hiroshima, Japan in May.
The meeting place is incomplete and has not been added to the calendar yet.
The host has corrected it and added it.
I messaged Mundoo in the host’s topic.

@Mundoo
Hi mundoo!
The host corrected this question and added West Exhibition Hall, 1st Floor, 3rd Exhibition Hall.
There is a reception desk at the venue.
You can also ask there.
There are rooms inside, so there is no problem.
There are less than two weeks until the event begins, so please check it out as soon as possible.
Please add it to your calendar.
Thank you!

How can Mundoo be the first to know about this?
I know Mundoo is very busy.
But she doesn’t have time!
How can I do this?
Thank you!

The host answered Vicky’s question yesterday and you have written to her twice - so she has now received 3 notifications about it.
I would ask you to be patient until Vicky is back online and sees these notifications.
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for adding the additional information.

Your meeting has been added to the Postcrossing calendar with plenty of time.

Have a great meeting.

Vicki

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Bille.
Thanks for adding the calendar, mundoo.
She’ll be happy!

1 Like

I’m going to my first meetup in a couple weeks. I’ve read a lot of the discussions and have an idea what they are:postcrossers getting to know each other. On the guidelines it talks about bringing cards and asking people to sign them but not too many. Why do you bring cards and what do you do with them after people sign them?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@Utzmax
Would you please edit your post and write it in English, as this is the language we use to communicate in this section of the forum. Other languages are only allowed in the relevant Language & Geographical Communities and Meetups :arrow_right: Community Guidelines