General Meetup Discussions

While I acknowledge your concern, I find it frustrating that youā€™ve done so, and I respectfully disagree. My primary point was the first line:

ā€œI think the guidelines should include discussion of virtual meetups.ā€

I think that the guidelines should acknowledge virtual meetups as a valid format of postcrossers gathering, as well as provide some guidance on how virtual meetups should be conducted. The discussion of whether or not that should be the case falls clearly in the guideline discussion topic, not here.

@eta55 - Here is your answer!

Many thanks for your suggestions (and my apologies for the very delayed response), @paulo!

Iā€™ve just a final question ā€” can the meetup announced even if the postcard design isnā€™t finished yet?

Thank you again

Thatā€™s actually the way it should be (IMHO).

3 Likes

That was also my thought, actually. I got confused when I saw some meetups announced with the design of the postcard already available (and, in some cases, offered for sale by the organiser)

Hi!
Please add this meetup in list :hugs:

Thank!

Hello! I am attempting to organise my first meetup. I have made a post in the forum proposing a date and place. A few people are interested. How do I make it official? The title of the meetup says ā€˜INCOMPLETEā€™ but I canā€™t see an option to edit the forum post to fill in the missing information and make it an official meetup?

What is the meeting link please so I can have a look and advise you.

It has already been added.

1 Like

Hello,
Is it possible to move 16 February 2022 - Postcrossing train "Vilnius-Klaipėda"! this meetup into Lithuanian thread, please?

Done! :blush:

1 Like

Hi Ana @meiadeleite
Iā€™m the organizer of the Meetup in Spiez / Switzerland 26.03.2022
I read the Logo Usage Guidelines and think that the meetup postcard will fit the rules. Do I have to send you the picture (frontside / backside) for an approval? If yes, where I have to send it? How fast will be the feedback?

I checked the forum here, but havenā€™t found any clear answer how to get the approval of the meetup card from Postcrossing - if needed.

Thank you for your feedback & with all the best whishes from the Swiss mountains, Thomas (thstreit)

1 Like

Hello! The link is INCOMPLETE - Meet up at the Newcastle Stamp and Coin Expo, May 2022?

Additional information still needed. I have asked in that topic.

Hello! I just created 2 new topics in the meetup forums for 2 meetups here in Oslo. I put the correct info in the calendar part but it shows up wrong. I can open them to edit it but after I click on the Done button, nothing changes. The time is correct in the other places in the topics, but not in the calendar part. Whatā€™s up, why canā€™t I edit this? Can someone help me?

These are the two most recent topics in the Norway meetup section. The April 28th one should be 4pm-6:30pm and the May 18th one should be 6pm-9pm.

Iā€™ve managed to change the time by clicking the boxes below time and then choosing the correct times there. And I changed the timezone to UTC (+00:00) as well. I know thatā€™s the wrong time zone, but changing it to UTC did make the times show up correctlyā€¦

If Iā€™ve understood it, there are issues related to daylight saving time and the fact that weā€™ll change from winter time to summer time between now and the time of the meetups.

You can read about that problem :arrow_right: Meetup Event time zone factoring in Daylight Saving (Summer) Time (DST)

2 Likes

Those boxes are exactly where Iā€™ve been trying to edit the times and canā€™t get it to work, so thatā€™s not the solution :frowning_face: Donā€™t know where else it can be edited?

I will try to change the time zone and see if that works. Thanks!

EDIT: No I wonā€™t, because somehow it has updated itself to the correct times now. I guess I was too impatient :upside_down_face:

I couldnā€™t see any other way to change it. Not very helpful, I guess.

Maybe the page just needed to be refreshed