Forum update (Discourse 3.0)

Hi @linda_hyq,

To search for a name, go to the inbox / messages and enter the name.
Then the name appears, see here:

1 Like

Thank you Jette, but it seems doesnā€™t work? It seems search content but not username.

Same here, today I missed again a bookmark that I just re-newed yesterday. And now itā€™s gone again.

@Michelle305 this forum thread explains how to add emojis next to your name :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those experiencing issues with missing bookmarks, please check the discussion earlier in this topic about it, starting from here.

In short, you need to look for them in your bookmarks. If, instead, you follow the navigation link at the top, you are likely to only see bookmarks matching the category you are in. Thereā€™s more details earlier in this topic about this.

@paulo Yes, this topic is always disappearing in my frontpage bookmarks, now it happens again.

Here it shows Iā€™ve bookmarked it, and last person posted 22m ago.

In my actual bookmark, itā€™s still there.

But it disappears in my frontpage bookmark, should be here because last post is before 22m.

Iā€™m now tracking it, so it shows up in my Unread, but after I click it and turn back to frontpage bookmark, it is still not there. The only way is delete from bookmark and bookmark again, then it will show again for several days or hours.

I agree with this, we are experiencing the same thing.

I have the same problem. I found it better, when I could see the recent poster

2 Likes

I have NOT selected any category so my bookmarks should ALL appear when I click on the link on the top.

1 Like

Same. I go there straight from the home page.

Thank you for sharing! I got it now. :grinning:

1 Like

I have not selected any category. And for example I have several bookmarks from the German category and some of these are gone and some of these are still there. So itā€™s not a problem of selecting the wrong category.

^^^exactly this^^^^

And as it just happend again, this is from the German category, both thread have bookmarks but the second one is gone every day:

In the thread itā€™s still bookmarked:

Now I have to delete it and to bookmark it again. And Iā€™m almost sure tomorrow itā€™s the same again. At the moment itā€™s mainly that thread that is gone daily, but I had this happen with some other threads, too. Iā€™m not sure, but I think it were always threads from the German category, but I could have lost another bookmark thatā€™s gone and I didnā€™t miss yet.

3 Likes

again disappeared bookmarksā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

obviously, no one caresā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

mine disappeared every single day, get used to it :sneezing_face:

1 Like

topics still disappear from the bookmark list when you click on the bookmarks (for ALL categories) in the top row.
will this bug be fixed at some point or will we have to get used to it?
@paulo

1 Like

I did a little test because these disappearing topics are indeed annoying :wink:

The ā€œproblematicā€ threads stay bookmarked in the ā€œproperā€ bookmark list - which for me is unusable, sorry, I wonā€™t be using it as a replacement, it doesnā€™t work the way I want it to ā†’ topics sorted by last activity.

However, when I look at a recently disappeared topic either via ā€œlatestā€ for all categories or inside a category, the little bookmark sign next to the topic name is gone. I think thatā€™s the issue here. Topic list stops seeing a topic as a bookmarked one for me. The only way to ā€œget it backā€ is to get inside the topic, delete the bookmark there and re-add it. It works for a while, then you have to redo it.

Maybe this could be reported to the Discourse team? The issue started after the latest forum update so I guess something has been added to the code which somehow clashes with the bookmarking system.

But Iā€™ve learned to live with this, and if I donā€™t notice a topic has disappeared from my bookmarks, well, so be it. Maybe I will find it again, maybe I wonā€™t :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry everyone that I havenā€™t addressed this yet. I simply didnā€™t have the bandwidth over the last month or so to look into this.

I understand why the /my/activity/bookmarks isnā€™t practical for what many of you use the bookmarks for, and so the change on Discourse 3.0 has been annoying.

Like you, I also canā€™t see a reason for why the bookmarks are disappearing from /bookmarks but I suspect it has to do with the fact that the content of the two sections donā€™t show the same number of bookmarks/topics: as I understand it, it should ā€” or thereā€™s a pattern/feature that Iā€™m missing. Or perhaps the functionality introduced for bookmark reminders has introduced a bug.

Unfortunately, this is not a switch I can toggle or code that I can change myself. I have queried the Discourse team about this and will follow up here when I have news.

5 Likes

I also have this problem with disappearing bookmarks :frowning: Hope it will be solved :crossed_fingers:

We discussed this somewhere else, but I canā€™t find it anymore.

For some months (it was after a forum update) from time to time some of my bookmarks are missing.

When I search for the topic, itā€™s not shown as a bookmark in the list of topics but when I open the topic itā€™s still marked as bookmarked.

The only ways to get it on my bookmark list again is either to delete the bookmark and to re-bookmark or to make a post in the topic.

But some days later itā€™s gone again.

At the moment it looks like only bookmarks from the german category disappear, but I could have missed a bookmark from another category. And itā€™s not all bookmarks from the german category that disappear.

Iā€™m just wondering if this happens after a certain number of bookmarks. I had six of them at times and in fact one of them had disappeared at some point. In the meantime I had deleted one and since then only five. Iā€™ve had these for a few months and none have disappeared since then :thinking: